ORA-12154 bites yet again

  • Madvig, Daniel B
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2007

      Friday greetings you scurvy lot!

      I’ve just installed the Oracle Developer Suite 10g on my PC (had Oracle 8.1). I’ve changed the “Connect Using:” box to point to “DevSuiteHome”. The “TNSNames Editor” button has a green check mark next to it. When I click said button, the instance I’m trying to connect to (and many others) shows up. But still I get the ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve service name (PROD)”.

      Maybe I should keelhaul this PC?

      Have a fine holiday weekend – well at least you folks stateside. But a fine weekend to all!

      Dan

      --

      Dan Madvig

      Northwestern College & Radio, St. Paul , MN

      651.631.5323