RE: [toad] Stopping Schema browser from formatting procedures

  • Junk Mail
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 31, 2007
      Norm,

      Thanks for looking into this.

      Approaching it from the other direction. If like your experience SB does not format the procedures, what would I do to cause it to format them?

      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 31, 2007
        Bingo

        I searched all through the help file for mention of format options and never found this one.

        I was making me nuts. Now I can save a bundle on medication.  ;-)

        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
          Hi John,

          Re : DarthToad - that's got to be one for "TOAD around the World"
          (should that be galaxy now? On ToadWorld !

[...]

        • Dunbar, Norman
          Message 4 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
            Hi Dale,

            >> Thanks for looking into this.
            Welcome.

            >> Approaching it from the other direction. If like your
            >> experience SB does not format the procedures, what would I
            >> do to cause it to format them?
            I presume you have seen Brad's email on the very cause of your
            'problem'? I tested his answer and found that I *can* now format my code
            in the SB - just as you were experiencing.

[...]

          • John Dorlon

              Message 6 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                Hi John,

                >> I sent it on to one of the Toadworld people (along with
                >> Chris's "I am your formatter" dialog).

                I'm afraid I didn't get Chris' joke - I only saw the original Star Wars
                movie and nothing since. I had a neglected childhood !

[...]

              • Chris Johnson
                Message 7 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Yeah, I guess it wouldn't make much sense if you weren't a die hard Star Wars fan.

                  How sad for you.   ;o)

                  If you want, I'll explain it (offline), then it will make more sense.

                  On 8/1/07, Dunbar, Norman <norman.dunbar@...> wrote:

                  Hi John,

                  >> I sent it on to one of the Toadworld people (along with
                  >> Chris's "I am your formatter" dialog).

                  I'm afraid I didn't get Chris' joke - I only saw the original Star Wars
                  movie and nothing since. I had a neglected childhood !

                  Cheers,
                  Norm. [TeamT]

                  Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

                  We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.

                  We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation.  Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

                  If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506.  Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

                  Questions?  Try the on-line FAQ: http://asktoad.com/DWiki/doku.php?id=faq:questions

                  Do you know about the other TOAD Yahoo Message Boards?  Go here to find out more - http://www.toadsoft.com/maillist.htm
                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     mailto:toad-digest@yahoogroups.com
                     mailto: toad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • John Dorlon
                  Message 8 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                    Chris' joke is much funnier if you're familiar with Star Wars.  Here's the part he was talking about, how it really went (I left a little more in to put it in context)

                    VADER: There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet
                    realize your importance. You have only begun to discover you power.
                    Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength,
                    we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

                    LUKE: I'll never join you!

                    VADER: If you only knew the power of the dark side. Obi-Wan never told
                    you what happened to your father.

                    LUKE: He told me enough! He told me you killed him.

                    VADER: No. I am your father.

                    Shocked, Luke looks at Vader in utter disbelief.

                    LUKE: No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!

                    VADER: Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

                    LUKE: No! No! No!

                    VADER: Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is
                    your destiny. Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son.
                    Come with me. It's the only way.

                    Vader puts away his sword and holds his hand out to Luke.
                    A calm comes over Luke, and he makes a decision. In the
                    Dark Lord looks over the platform and sees Luke falling far
                    below. The wind begins to blow at Vader's cape and the torrent
                    finally forces him back, away from the edge. The wind soon
                    fades and the wounded Jedi begins to drop fast, unable to grab
                    onto anything to break his fall.

                    Message 9 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                    • Dunbar, Norman
                      Message 10 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                        Thanks for that John, it makes more sense now.

                        Cheers,
                        Norm. [TeamIgnorantAboutStarWars]

                        Norman Dunbar
                        Contract Oracle DBA
                        Internal : 7 28 2051
                        External : 0113 231 2051

                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                          Thanks Chris, but John already explained it.

                          Cheers,
                          Norm. [TeamT]

                          >> If you want, I'll explain it (offline), then it will make more sense.

                          Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

                          We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.

                          We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

                          If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk
                        • Simoneau, Roger
                          Message 12 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                            Specifically, the scene occurs near the end of "Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back" if you ever get a chance to see the rest of the series.  It's a set that's still popular with kids today it seems.

                            Roger S.

                            Thanks for that John, it makes more sense now.

                            Cheers,
                            Norm. [TeamIgnorantAboutS tarWars]

                            Norman Dunbar
                            Contract Oracle DBA
                            Internal : 7 28 2051
                            External : 0113 231 2051

                          • HALL, DAVID (ATTSI)
                            Message 13 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                              Message
                              Star Who ?

                            • REED-D-A@notes.westinghouse.com
                              Message 14 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                                Kids??!! I will be re-watching all the episodes until I die!!!

                                Dave Reed

                                "Simoneau, Roger" <rsimonea@...>@yahoogroups.com on 08/01/2007
                                11:17:55 AM

                                Please respond to toad@yahoogroups.com

                                Sent by: toad@yahoogroups.com

                                To: <toad@yahoogroups.com>
                                cc:

                                Message 15 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                                  Message
                                  My My that there Anakin guy.
                                  Maybe later he'll be Vader
                                  Now he's just a small fry
                                  He left his home
                                  Kissed his Mama Good Bye
                                  Sayin yes I'm gonna be a Jedi
                                  Yes I'm gonna be a Jedi

                                  By Wierd Al sang to American Pie

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                                    Heh, have that one and love most of Wierd Al's work. Having that to listen to at work sure makes the workplace a bit brighter.

                                    As for re-watching the episodes, as far as I'm concerned I'll stay a kid at heart ;)

                                    Roger S.

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                                      Personally I don't think that one is near as good as Weird Al doing "Yoda" to the tune of "Lola", especially the line

                                      "I know Darth Vader's really got you annoyed,
                                      but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed"

                                      And one final thought: What important life lesson did we learn from Episode 3?

                                             Strong, the dark side is, but f*&^ck with the muppet, you will not.

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Aug 1, 2007
                                        Message
                                        Point well made.