[toad] Re: 9.0 errors in PL/SQL compile...location

  • Norman Dunbar
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hi Dan,

      >> I'm getting this too. It's a big enough problem that I am
      currently
      >> regretting upgrading TOAD (despite all the other lovely nice things
      >> that have come with this version).

      I know it's not perfect but here's my workaround (sort of) :

      compile procedure and it barfs, jumping to line one. I have two options
      :

      ... don't write code that doesn't compile first time. Hmm, not really
      an option for me I'm afraid; or

      ... look at the left side of the first error message - that's the line
      number. Press CTRL+G, type in the noted line number and you are there.
      It's a PITA, but better than holding down the page down button.

      Cheers,
      Norm. [TeamT]

      Norman Dunbar.
      Contract Oracle DBA.
      Rivers House, Leeds.

      Internal : 7 28 2051
      External : 0113 231 2051

      Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

      We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.

      We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

      If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk
    • Dan Condon-Jones
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 1, 2006
        > ... look at the left side of the first error message - that's the line
        > number. Press CTRL+G, type in the noted line number and you are there.
        > It's a PITA, but better than holding down the page down button.

        I do have that workaround, true, but that means that I have to have my
        package and spec split into seperate tabs. This is something I used
        to do (and would like to do now), but with Toad 9, doing that means
        that my script files with loads of statements get split into loads of
        tabs, which is something I certainly don't want.
      • Brad Boddicker
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 1, 2006
          Another thing you could do is, after you compile and get an error, you
          could also reload from database, this will highlight where your error
          is, if it's a syntax error.... There is a "reload from DB" button on
          the toolbar. Unfortunately this won't catch all compilation errors.

          >> I'm getting this too. It's a big enough problem that I am
          currently
          >> regretting upgrading TOAD (despite all the other lovely nice things
          >> that have come with this version).

          I know it's not perfect but here's my workaround (sort of) :

          compile procedure and it barfs, jumping to line one. I have two options
          :

          ... don't write code that doesn't compile first time. Hmm, not really an
          option for me I'm afraid; or

          ... look at the left side of the first error message - that's the line
          number. Press CTRL+G, type in the noted line number and you are there.
          It's a PITA, but better than holding down the page down button.

          Cheers,
          Norm. [TeamT]

          Norman Dunbar.
          Contract Oracle DBA.
          Rivers House, Leeds.

          Internal : 7 28 2051
          External : 0113 231 2051

          Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally
          privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify
          the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

          We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you
          should still check any attachment before opening it.

          We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to
          under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for
          litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any
          Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than
          the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

          If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our
          terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506.
          Find out more about the Environment Agency at
          www.environment-agency.gov.uk

          Questions? Try the on-line FAQ:
          http://asktoad.com/DWiki/doku.php?id=faq:questions

          Do you know about the other TOAD Yahoo Message Boards? Go here to find
          out more - http://www.toadsoft.com/maillist.htm
          Yahoo! Groups Links