Error while restoring a DMP file using TOAD import utility..

  • PICHURAMAN Rajaraman
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi,

      When I tried to import a DMP file using TOAD (8.5.3) Import Utility I
      get an error "The Oracle Import Utility Executable must be specified".

      Any suggestions please?

      I have attached a screen print.

      <<ORACLE_DMP IMPORT ISSUE.doc>>

      Regards,

      Raj

      Raj Pichuraman PMP
      COVANSYS
      (Cell) 608-213-2674
      (Fax) 262-364-2343
    • Bert Scalzo
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
        main menu - view - options - executables

        you either need to check the auto-detect based upon home or set each exe's home manually - and verify that what's chosen is correct. otherwise Toad cannot launch the oracle imp utility ....

        When I tried to import a DMP file using TOAD (8.5.3) Import Utility I
        get an error "The Oracle Import Utility Executable must be specified".

        Any suggestions please?

        I have attached a screen print.

        <<ORACLE_DMP IMPORT ISSUE.doc>>

        Regards,

        Raj

        Raj Pichuraman PMP
        COVANSYS
        (Cell) 608-213-2674
        (Fax) 262-364-2343

        Questions? Try the on-line FAQ: http://www.toadsoft.com/faq2.html

        Do you know about the other TOAD Yahoo Message Boards? Go here to find out more - http://www.toadsoft.com/maillist.htm
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • PICHURAMAN Rajaraman
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
          [toad] Error while restoring a DMP file using TOAD import utility..

          When I go and check the “IMPORT” window having “c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\BIN\imp.exe”,  and click ok I get an error as follows:

          The following files specified  on the Executables tab could not be found

          SQL Loader

          TNS Ping

          Import Pump

          Note: My home is correct

          Appreciate your help.

          Regards,

          Raj

          Raj Pichuraman PMP
          COVANSYS
          (Cell) 608-213-2674
          (Fax) 262-364-2343

[...]

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Mark Lerch

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
              it's also possible that when you isntalled the oracle client (depending on options selected during install) that these files may not have been laid down - in which case you'll need to correct that. run the oracle installer and check the inventory to verify whether they're installed ....