How to export images from table PER_IMAGES

  • Victor Espinoza
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2005
      Hi All - How can I export images from table PER_IMAGES to MS Excel?
    • Shinn, Janet M (US SSA)
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
        By images, I assume you are referring to the data in the table.

        Here is how I do this.....(admittedly I am a novice with Toad, so if there is a better way, please let me know)
        When I execute a query in the query editor, the results appear on the bottom half of the screen.
        Right click anywhere on the bottom half and select the menu item 'Allow Multi Select'
        Then click on the first line in the output - the whole line will be highlighted.
        Drag cursor down to bottom of the screen to highlight all the data, right click and copy
        Open an excel spreadsheet, right click and paste.

        janet.m.shinn@...
        Hi All - How can I export images from table PER_IMAGES to MS Excel?

        Questions?  Try the on-line FAQ: http://www.toadsoft.com/faq2.html

        Do you know about the other TOAD Yahoo Message Boards?  Go here to find out more - http://www.toadsoft.com/maillist.htm

      • Bowen, Robin
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
          Message
          An easier way to do it (although i believe this does not answer Victor's original question of maybe getting a bitmap/image out of a column) is to run your query, and then in the data grid down the bottom, right click anywhere for the context menu and select 'SaveAs'. There is an option in the dialog box that opens to save to XLS (Excel) format either to a new file or to a new instance of the application.

          Hi All - How can I export images from table PER_IMAGES to MS Excel?

          Questions?  Try the on-line FAQ: http://www.toadsoft.com/faq2.html

          Do you know about the other TOAD Yahoo Message Boards?  Go here to find out more - http://www.toadsoft.com/maillist.htm

          Questions?  Try the on-line FAQ: http://www.toadsoft.com/faq2.html

          Do you know about the other TOAD Yahoo Message Boards?  Go here to find out more - http://www.toadsoft.com/maillist.htm

          This message has been checked for all known viruses by the Cable &
          Wireless Email protection service, powered by Message Labs.

          This message has been checked for all known viruses by the Cable &
          Wireless Email protection service, powered by Message Labs.

        • Jeff Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
            Message
            I think we will be looking at getting image (and other types of files) support in the grid in a near future release.  we should be able to figure out the type of file being retrieved from the BLOB (or whatever) column and dispatch the appropriate windows app to handle it.

            Currently, I don't know of a way to export your images directly to Excel.

            BTW, what is the table definition of PER_IMAGES?

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
              Message
              Thanks, Jeff. The table definition of Per_Images is below. Is there another way of getting these images exported, even indirectly, to Excel?

              CREATE

              TABLE PER_IMAGES

              (

              IMAGE_ID

              NUMBER(15) NOT NULL,

              IMAGE

              LONG RAW NOT NULL,

              PARENT_ID

              NUMBER(15) NOT NULL,

              TABLE_NAME

              VARCHAR2(30 BYTE) NOT NULL

              )

              TABLESPACE

              HRD

              PCTUSED

              40

              PCTFREE

              10

              INITRANS

              10

              MAXTRANS

              255

              STORAGE

              (

              INITIAL 48K

              NEXT 128K

              MINEXTENTS 1

              MAXEXTENTS 2147483645

              PCTINCREASE 0

              FREELISTS 4

              FREELIST GROUPS 4

              BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT

              )

              LOGGING

              NOCACHE

              NOPARALLEL;

              CREATE

              UNIQUE INDEX PER_IMAGES_PK ON PER_IMAGES

              (

              IMAGE_ID)

              LOGGING

              TABLESPACE

              HRX

              PCTFREE

              0

              INITRANS

              11

              MAXTRANS

              255

              STORAGE

              (

              INITIAL 48K

              NEXT 128K

              MINEXTENTS 1

              MAXEXTENTS 2147483645

              PCTINCREASE 0

              FREELISTS 4

              FREELIST GROUPS 4

              BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT

              )

              NOPARALLEL;

              CREATE

              UNIQUE INDEX PER_IMAGES_UK2 ON PER_IMAGES

              (

              TABLE_NAME, PARENT_ID)

              LOGGING

              TABLESPACE

              HRX

              PCTFREE

              0

              INITRANS

              11

              MAXTRANS

              255

              STORAGE

              (

              INITIAL 48K

              NEXT 128K

              MINEXTENTS 1

              MAXEXTENTS 2147483645

              PCTINCREASE 0

              FREELISTS 4

              FREELIST GROUPS 4

              BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT

              )

              NOPARALLEL;

              CREATE

              PUBLIC SYNONYM PER_IMAGES FOR PER_IMAGES;

              CREATE

              SYNONYM APPS.PER_IMAGES FOR PER_IMAGES;

              CREATE

              SYNONYM SYMM_RO.PER_IMAGES FOR PER_IMAGES;

              CREATE

              SYNONYM BOLINF.PER_IMAGES FOR PER_IMAGES;

              CREATE

              SYNONYM RAC_ACCNT.PER_IMAGES FOR PER_IMAGES;

              CREATE

              SYNONYM OHS_ACCNT.PER_IMAGES FOR PER_IMAGES;

              ALTER

              TABLE PER_IMAGES ADD (

              CONSTRAINT PER_IMAGES_PK PRIMARY KEY (IMAGE_ID)

              USING

              TABLESPACE HRX

              PCTFREE 0

              INITRANS 11

              MAXTRANS 255

              STORAGE (

              INITIAL 48K

              NEXT 128K

              MINEXTENTS 1

              MAXEXTENTS 2147483645

              PCTINCREASE 0

              FREELISTS 4

              FREELIST GROUPS 4

              ));

              ALTER

              TABLE PER_IMAGES ADD (

              CONSTRAINT PER_IMAGES_UK2 UNIQUE (TABLE_NAME, PARENT_ID)

              USING

              TABLESPACE HRX

              PCTFREE 0

              INITRANS 11

              MAXTRANS 255

              STORAGE (

              INITIAL 48K

              NEXT 128K

              MINEXTENTS 1

              MAXEXTENTS 2147483645

              PCTINCREASE 0

              FREELISTS 4

              FREELIST GROUPS 4

              ));

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
                Message
                i'm sure there's a way (isn't there always?), but its beyond me, and i'm pretty sure its beyond toad.  thankfully we have about 3,000 people on this list who know more about oracle/excel than i do.