Unable to connect ot Oracle 9i database with freetoad?

  • Hein Rigolo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I try to connect with freetoad to a database running oracle 9i.

      I can connect to this database via ODBC (so SQL*Net is working) but
      freetoad gives me the "This Version of TOAD has expired" message.

      I have downloaded the latest version ("this freeware version of TOAD
      expires on 1-September-2003") but still I get this message.

      When I try to connect to Oracle 8.1.7 databases no problems, no messages
      everything works.

      What might be the cause for this?

      Thanks,

      Hein Rigolo
    • Jeff Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
        what does this return on your 9i db?

        select to_char(sysdate,'J') from dual

        -jeff

        I try to connect with freetoad to a database running oracle 9i.

        I can connect to this database via ODBC (so SQL*Net is working) but
        freetoad gives me the "This Version of TOAD has expired" message.

        I have downloaded the latest version ("this freeware version of TOAD
        expires on 1-September-2003") but still I get this message.

        When I try to connect to Oracle 8.1.7 databases no problems, no messages
        everything works.

        What might be the cause for this?

        Thanks,

        Hein Rigolo

        To download the beta: http://www.toadsoft.com/beta.zip
        Archives: http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/toad

      • Hein Rigolo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
          Jeff,

          that gives me:

          TO_CHAR
          -------
          2453218

          (run today 02-JUL-2003)

          Hein.
        • Mark Lerch
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
            What does this return?

            SELECT SYSDATE FROM dual

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
              Since it works with 8.1.7, I'm wondering if you set some of
              the connection options incorrectly. Look at the check boxes
              on the TOAD connect screen. What check boxes do you have set?
              Also, use the SQL Net help button on that screen to also verify
              that you have selected a valid home. Mark and Jeff are closer
              to the internals and thus why they've asked what your database
              date/time is set to via those queries. I'm thinking it's a more
              basic issue of user error in connection options selection ...

              Bert