Re: [toad] Importing Data

  • Herbert Robinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
      If you do not have the DBA Module. You must select
      your records in text file and name it with ".sql"
      extension. Then prefix each record with insert
      statements. Lastly, run the ".sql" file.

      Herb

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • michael.janos@originenergy.com.au
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
        Oracle has a very powerful and flexible feature called SQL Loader. Look it up in your Oracle documentation.

        regards,
        Michael Janos
        Manager, Wholesale Systems
        Origin Energy
        0417 254 289

      • ianjacksonca
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          If you are trying to import an access database, Oracle has a free
          tool that does a pretty good job .. Oracle Migration tool .. however,
          your access database has to be well designed for it to translate to
          Oracle well.

          http://otn.oracle.com/tech/migration/workbench/content.html

          Ian Jackson