explain plan generates ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [17182], [1144

  • heyjohnlim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hello,

      I am using Toad 7.2 and am getting the following error when i run
      explain plan (after waiting for a couple of minutes for some timeout):

      ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [17182], [114441808], [],
      [], [], [], [], []

      This was happening also when I was using Toad 7.1 but then I set TOAD
      to run temps\explan.sql and that worked fine. However I cannot find a
      similar feature in Toad 7.2 (can we get it back?). Using EXPLAIN PLAN
      from sqlplus also works well.

      I am using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 on Windows 2000.

      Thanks in advance,
      John Lim
    • Jesse, Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
        Just wondering if you are using CURSOR_SHARING=FORCE in your init.ora.
        We've had intermittent problems on 8.1.7.2 on HP with Quest products causing
        ORA-600 and ORA-7445. Not that it's a Quest problem, because these should
        never happen. I think it's because we hit the data dictionary with the
        Quest toys more than any other. :)

        Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
        Rich.Jesse@... Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
          Hello Rich,

          That was the "problem". Thanks again. If anyone from quest is
          listening, I would be grateful if they fixed this or restored the
          temps\explan.sql feature so that I can workaround it without
          modifying cursor_sharing=force.

          Regards, John