      From: toad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:toad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gene.l.bradley
      Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 1:43 PM
      To: toad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [toad] Spool

      How are you determining what the dates are.

      You could put the dates in a temporary table

      and then say where dateVariable in (select myDate from temp_table);

      On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM, SHIVANAND BHARTI <SBharti@...> wrote:

      Hi folks … I have a query with bind variable which accepts date.

      How can I run thais query for 30 different dates and get it’s output in a file.

      I can write the same query 30 times with different date and run it as ascript.

      Or write a PL/SQL block.

      But it is an one time thing and I am looking for something quick .

      Is there an option in Toad by which I can spool out the output of a query for different input for the same bind variable ?

      For example how can I run this query for 30 different dates and spool  it’s output.

      SELECT  :RunDate   ,

            ( SELECT COUNT(*)

                 FROM store

                WHERE pstore_open_date =:RunDate  ) store_count

            ,( SELECT COUNT(*)

                 FROM wh

                WHERE wh_open_date =:RunDate  ) ) wh_count

        FROM dual;

      Thanks,

      Shiva

      NOTE: This e-mail message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual or individuals to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or the information contained herein or attached hereto is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify the person named above by reply e-mail and please delete it. Thank you.

      --

      Gene L. Bradley Jr.

      Software Developer I

      Information Systems & Integration

      Jackson State University

      1400 J R Lynch Street

      P.O. Box 17750

      Jackson, MS 39217

      ph 601.979.1042

      fax 601.371.9146

      NOTE: This e-mail message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual or individuals to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or the information contained herein or attached hereto is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify the person named above by reply e-mail and please delete it. Thank you.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic