A Monday night alternative to watching the war - my open stage!

  • Gary 17
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2003
      If you're fed up watching the War Channel and need a great music
      break, I have just the alternative: my 8 p.m. - 2 a.m. acoustic open
      stage at Blues on Bellair!

      This week's showcase guest for March 24 is a fine piano player and
      soulful singer/songwriter, Laura Fernandez. She'll charm and soothe
      you, while also giving you something to think about. And who knows
      what surprise guests will pop by to play?

      We have a house guitar, a Hammond C3, full PA, DJ 17 spinning local
      songwriters' tracks in between live acts, lovely Rachel on the bar,
      great food and drink at special Monday prices (just $5 for a domestic
      pint Mondays!) and a wonderful vibe going.

      The club is located at 25 Bellair St., a block north of the Bellair
      St. exit from the Bay St. subway station and there's free street
      parking out front and a $5 flat fee lot half a block from the club.
    • JawnyPeaceBoy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2003
        --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "Gary 17" <gary.17@r...>

        > This week's showcase guest for March 24 is a fine piano player and
        > soulful singer/songwriter, Laura Fernandez. She'll charm and soothe
        > you, while also giving you something to think about.

        <sorry for the partial cross post>

        Laura Fernandez could be the queen of music....

        Most missed a stellar performance by this lady last night at 17's
        Monday Night @ BoB.... Laura plays again at C'est What on May 29/03...
        Do yourself a pleasure, go and catch her and her 4pc band, each member
        bringing what appears to be a different genré to the mix.....

        Just what the soul needed, sultry music, dished from a sexy spanish
        piano playing woman.... ummmmm.... My nipples were still hard this
        morning.... How bout you 17????

        This is not to take away from the other performers that took to the
        open stage, they were good... and some where better than good.... But
        Lauuuuurrrraaaa..... baby your smile has me walking into door
        frames....

        Peace

        john....
      • Mbrand@interactive.rogers.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2003
          She was great John and this was my first time I got I got to watch her
          perform. I've known Laura for quite a few years on the jam circuit but
          last night she certainly put on a showcase which is something you don't
          see in mainstream entertainment today. You can bet I'll be at C'est What
          May 29th which should be a fantastic night of great music.

          She may be down at Healeys for tonights Tuesdays jam.

          Sincerely
          Max Brand
        • Jeff Kahl
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 25, 2003
            I was thoroughly impressed with her music, I'm not sure how
            many people were expecting her to play with a full band but I
            think that was made the set so impressive. Max, did you end up
            finding someone to back you up? I keep meaning to do it but you
            seem to catch me when I either have to leave early or don't have
            a guitar on me. We'll do it sometime soon.
          • Mbrand@interactive.rogers.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 25, 2003
              Frank Wilks backed me on a couple of songs which I did in my usual
              upbeat temple numbers. Next Monday you can bet you can back me on a
              couple of tunes. Should be a fun accoustic showcase for next week.

              Sincerely
              Max Brand