Re: General Rule about Gig promotion on this forum

  • pkashur <pkashur@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 22, 2003
      --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "Gary 17 <gary17@t...>"
      <gary17@t...>

      wrote:
      Exceptions will be made for some
      ....shows sponsored by non-profit organizations

      ...you mean like....bands?...

      shew (living an enlightened life of squalor in the
      projects....artist co-op indeed!!!)
    • rodie
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
        hi Gary
        thanks for what you do for live music .
        What do you mean by participation ? just trying to figure
        out how this works now with new rules.
        if i go out to someones gig and i like what i see and put up a pic
        on yer site {public forum},these might be people i know or not,
        am i doing somthing wrong?
        penny for a hit or thought
        thanks for your time and tenacity
        Dave

        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
          --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "rodie" <rodie@s...>
          wrote:
          > hi Gary
          > thanks for what you do for live music .
          > What do you mean by participation ?

          Though I know this was directed at Gary:

          What we are doing right now, is participating...

          > if i go out to someone's gig and i like what i see and put up a pic
          > on yer site {public forum},these might be people i know or not,
          > am i doing somthing wrong?

          Personally, I would see this as a "Review / Testimonial" of a past
          Event.... not a "Promotion" of an upcoming event... Which if needed,
          there is a rate card awaiting at the office...

          A ( "Review / Testimonial" ) in and of it's self is cool ( I'd say
          )... Where there might bea problem, is if the same Club name keeps
          coming up ( a club that is known to TO-NITE to jerk bands for cash )
          and this directs clients and unknowing bands to unscrupulous club
          owners.... then that's not
          cool.....

          TO-NITE ( the hardcopy and e-Zine ) is a publication that stays
          afloat through the proceeds of advertising. If we truly like what
          Gary17 and TO-NITE do for Live Music... then we're ok with him making
          some cash along the way... ( not suggesting that anyone's not ok with
          that )

          Lets think of this " Public Forum " as the "Letter to the Editor"
          portion of a publication... Do they allow for "any" mention ( what so
          ever ) of advertising???? Not on your life....

          This forum is an added benefit to the Paying Clients of TO-NITE...
          and a privilege to the rest of us.... Lets not blow this privilege...

          A simple private post to Gary17 seeking permission to post an Event
          wouldn't be that much of a hassle either...

          Peace

          john

          P.S. Can I get my free ad now gary??? Outside Back Cover 4 color
          would be fine
        • pkashur <pkashur@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
            --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "John Fraser
            <viewyourphotos@y...>" <viewyourphotos@y...> wrote:
            > --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "rodie" <rodie@s...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > P.S. Can I get my free ad now gary??? Outside Back Cover 4 color
            > would be fine

            hey effth

            ....breakfast would be a nice touch.....

            pete (ya big suck-up.....)
          • John Fraser <viewyourphotos@yahoo.ca>
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
              --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "pkashur <pkashur@y...>" <
              pkashur@y...> wrote:

              > pete (ya big suck-up.....)

              Ahh that's Mr. Sponge to you thanx...

              Peace

              john
            • pkashur <pkashur@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "John Fraser
                <viewyourphotos@y...>" <viewyourphotos@y...> wrote:
                > --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "pkashur
                <pkashur@y...>" <
                > pkashur@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > pete (ya big suck-up.....)
                >

                > Ahh that's Mr. Sponge to you thanx...
                >

                > Peace
                >

                > john

                ...and i'm sure that the rest of the participants of this list are
                greatful to you for the various services you render unto ceasar 17
                on behalf of the group.....whether by spatula or sponge (or other)...

                pete (now i must go purge......ttfn....)
              • Gary 17 <gary17@to-nite.net>
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                  John's got it right. I don't mind a review being posted of a show you
                  actually went to and enjoyed, nor even directed attention to a
                  particular band or artist you think others would enjoy. I just don't
                  want endless promotions of upcoming gigs by third parties basically
                  designed to circumvent the advertising process.
                  - G17
                  ---------
                  --ORIGINAL MESSAGES ESCERPTS:
                  Dave:> if i go out to someone's gig and i like what i see and put up
                  a pic on yer site {public forum},these might be people i know or not,
                  am i doing somthing wrong?

                  Kpjn: Personally, I would see this as a "Review / Testimonial" of a
                  past
                  > Event.... not a "Promotion" of an upcoming event... Which if
                  needed,
                  > there is a rate card awaiting at the office...
                  A "Review /Testimonial" ) in and of it's self is cool I'd say ...
                  Where there might bea problem, is if the same Club name keeps
                  > coming up ...
                  > TO-NITE ( the hardcopy and e-Zine ) is a publication that stays
                  > afloat through the proceeds of advertising. If we truly like what
                  > Gary17 and TO-NITE do for Live Music... then we're ok with him
                  making some cash along the way ...

                  > Lets think of this " Public Forum " as the "Letter to the Editor"
                  > portion of a publication... Do they allow for "any" mention ( what
                  so ever ) of advertising???? Not on your life....

                  > This forum is an added benefit to the Paying Clients of TO-NITE...
                  > and a privilege to the rest of us.... Lets not blow this
                  privilege...

                  > A simple private post to Gary17 seeking permission to post an Event
                  > wouldn't be that much of a hassle either...
                • Lady
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003

                     "Gary 17 <gary17@...>" <gary17@...> wrote:

                    John's got it right. I don't mind a review being posted of a show you actually went to and enjoyed, nor even directed attention to a particular band or artist you think others would enjoy. I just don't
                    want endless promotions of upcoming gigs by third parties basically designed to circumvent the advertising process.
                    - G17

                    I hear ya. :) Actually I am guilty of that sometimes.  Don't think I've posted anything here though,Have I?  But I will make a note of your request and remember not to send anything that is not pre-approved by you to this list.  House rules...did I miss anything else?  Where do we pee??? hahahhaha

                    LADY www.tonos.com/ladyofmystery
                    Quartermain Transporation www.quartermain.ca
                    Songwriter Demo www.mp3.com/quartermain

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                  • Gary 17 <gary17@to-nite.net>
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                      Pre-approval isn't necessary (except for one forum participant whose
                      posts are moderated). Just keep the guidelines in mind. To repeat:
                      participants are welcome to post info about their own upcoming gigs,
                      new records, websites, etc. and to direct attention to other artists
                      they think have merit. I just don't want a lot of ads for gigs
                      involving clubs and bands that neither support the magazine nor
                      participate in the forum discussions.
                      -Gary
                      -------

                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003

                        Gary,

                        Do you happen to have a listing of the CMW bands playing.  I know the old line-up has changed...a staff member said it would be out this week.  Did you receive it n advance though????  If you have a new list...could you sneak me a peak? hahahaha

                      • Jeff Kahl <jeff_kahl@yahoo.com>
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                          I'm still confused. If I wanna turn you guys onto a band I really dig
                          or am involved in is that not kosher or because I'm a *fairly*
                          regular poster on this forum it's cool? Someone set me straight.
                          I don't wanna ruffle anyone's feathers (I did that once on the old
                          forum and got lambasted for it for weeks [not only from forum
                          people but members of the band I made mention of]).
                        • Jeff Kahl <jeff_kahl@yahoo.com>
                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                            Actually scratch what I just said in that last post... I hadn't gotten
                            to 17's clarification by the time I'd posted that. *hangs heads
                            sheepishly*
                          • Gary 17 <gary.17@rogers.com>
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                              All I have is what's on their website : http://www.cmw.net/
                              You have to click Festival (top left corner) then find the Schedule
                              button and it comes up. Other than that I don't know -- they haven't
                              even sent me any press releases though I've applied for accreditation
                              and as far as I know am accredited, since they say on the site that
                              unless you hear otherwise assume you're accredited. I would think
                              Simpson would know the schedule though...
                              -Gary
                              -----
                              Lady <lomystery@y...> wrote:

                              > Gary,
                              > Do you happen to have a listing of the CMW bands playing. I know
                              the old line-up has changed...a staff member said it would be out
                              this week. Did you receive it n advance though???? If you have a
                              new list...could you sneak me a peak? hahahaha

                              > "Gary 17 <gary17@t...>" <gary17@t...> wrote:Pre-approval isn't
                              necessary (except for one forum participant whose
                              > posts are moderated). Just keep the guidelines in mind. To repeat:
                              > participants are welcome to post info about their own upcoming
                              gigs,
                              > new records, websites, etc. and to direct attention to other
                              artists
                              > they think have merit. I just don't want a lot of ads for gigs
                              > involving clubs and bands that neither support the magazine nor
                              > participate in the forum discussions.
                              > -Gary
                            • Lady
                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003

                                Thanks Gary.  I have been into the site.  I'm just getting impatient is all...lol.  I have already booked a hotel...chose something central...now I'd just like to set a schedule to know where I'm going!  I won't bother Mr. Simpson with this though...I know he is busy with work and this is not part of his job.  I'll just wait. :)

                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                                  --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "Gary 17 <gary.17@r...>" <
                                  gary.17@r...> wrote:
                                  > All I have is what's on their website : http://www.cmw.net/

                                  gary:

                                  I have the list as it stands today, would you like me to post it... or
                                  would you prefer CMW make the effort to contact you for said ( free )
                                  promotion....

                                  Peace

                                  john
                                • Gary 17
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                                    You'll be here for the whole week? I'm planning on attending the Canadian Indie awards on Wed. at Phoenix. I'll probably hit Healey's at some point (probably Sat. for the Alberta showcase featuring Alfie Zappacosta and Corb Lund among others) and if you're still around on the Sunday the Mark Ramone all-Ramones show with his new band at Healey's Sunday should be great! Maybe we'll get to hook up at some point.

                                    -Gary

                                    From Gary 17, Publisher & Editor, to-nite magazine
                                    www.to-nite.net
                                    gary17@...

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                                      --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, Lady <lomystery@y...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > Thanks Gary. I have been into the site. I'm just getting
                                      impatient is all...lol. I have already booked a hotel...chose
                                      something central...now I'd just like to set a schedule to know
                                      where I'm going! I won't bother Mr. Simpson with this though...I
                                      know he is busy with work and this is not part of his job. I'll
                                      just wait. :)

                                      ....is it that time of year again.....

                                      shew (starting the search for the elusive donair, a good manicure
                                      and some hand lotion.....:D...don't forget your
                                      tongue....heheheh...THAT made everyone sit up and take notice ay
                                      lady....)
                                    • Gary 17
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                                        Go ahead and post it on the forum. Thanks,
                                        Gary

                                        From Gary 17, Publisher & Editor, to-nite magazine
                                        www.to-nite.net
                                        gary17@...

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                                          You mean this little gastro-erotic scene?

                                          From Gary 17, Publisher & Editor, to-nite magazine
                                          www.to-nite.net
                                          gary17@...

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                                            <gary.17@r...> wrote:
                                            > You mean this little gastro-erotic scene?

                                            ....careful out there, agent gary of 'cris' may have files on you
                                            too.....(canadian rock intelligence service....now that's an oxyMORON

                                            shew (don't blame me lady, i thought twice about posting it, and
                                            didn't....oh well, at least it'll keep your 'dance' card full.......)
                                          • John Fraser <viewyourphotos@yahoo.ca>
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Feb 23, 2003
                                              CMW 2003 FESTIVAL SCHEDULE

                                              February 26

                                              Kathedral
                                              Against The Grain Presents
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              Hey Mercedes
                                              Armor For Sleep
                                              Panic In Detroit
                                              Blankface
                                              $10.50 Advance

                                              Phoenix
                                              3RD Annual Canadian Independant Music
                                              Awards
                                              Presented by Corus Radio Tickets
                                              Hosted By Dave Bidini & Dave Bookman
                                              Featuring Live Performances by;
                                              Rheostatics (Full Set)
                                              Doc Walker
                                              The Weekend
                                              Kathryn Rose
                                              Carlito
                                              + More
                                              $20 Advance @ Ticketmaster/Door
                                              wristbands / passes accepted

                                              February 27

                                              Bovine Sex Club $6
                                              CMW Presents Glam Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              10:00 - Brigitte LA
                                              11:00 - The Act
                                              12:00 - The Heathens

                                              B-Side $6
                                              CMW Presents R&B Dance
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              10:00 - Rebeka Reed
                                              11:00 - Kristine Martin
                                              12:00 - Undadogg
                                              1:00 - Sugar Sammy

                                              Club 279 $10
                                              CMW Presents Hard Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Smeer
                                              10:00 - Watson
                                              11:00 - Brundlefly
                                              12:00 - Blurred Vision
                                              1:00 - Flicker

                                              Cameron House $6
                                              CMW Presents Pop Rock
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              9:00 - Mark Bragg
                                              10:00 - Kristina Trites
                                              11:00 - Pat DiNizio
                                              12:00 - The Shoes

                                              Clinton's $6
                                              CMW Presents Roots Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Osgoode
                                              10:00 - Trikl - Tshyn
                                              11:00 - The Kramdens
                                              12:00 - Ash Wednesday
                                              1:00 - Wheat Monkeys

                                              El Mocambo $15 Advance
                                              CMW Presents CMT Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Chris Cummings
                                              10:00 - The Cottars
                                              11:00 - Gil Grand
                                              12:00 - Doc Walker
                                              1:00 - John Landry

                                              Healey's $12
                                              CMW Presents Blues Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - The Brown Hornets
                                              10:00 - Robert Farrell
                                              11:00 - Jeff Healey & Morgan Davis

                                              Holy Joe's $6
                                              CMW Presents Electrotrash
                                              10:00 - Just Like The Movies
                                              11:00 - Procon
                                              12:00 - Keyop

                                              Horseshoe Tavern $8
                                              Chart Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Spek
                                              10:00 - The Snitches
                                              11:00 - Warsawpack
                                              12:00 - Graph Nobel
                                              1:00 - Marble Index

                                              Kathedral $6
                                              CMW Presents Metal Punk
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Acacia
                                              10:00 - Alexisonfire
                                              11:00 - T.O.E.
                                              12:00 - The End
                                              1:00 - Explode The Airwaves

                                              Lee's Palace $5
                                              CMW Presents
                                              9:00 - The Awesome Team
                                              10:00 - Noyz
                                              11:00 - The Hollow
                                              12:00 - Chinatown
                                              1:00 - The Inward Eye

                                              Opera House
                                              CMW Presents
                                              11:00 - Circle Jerks
                                              10:00 - Rosemary's Billygoat
                                              9:00 - The Vapids
                                              doors 8pm
                                              $15 advance @ ticketmaster/rotate/
                                              soundscapes

                                              Phoenix
                                              Eye Weekly Showcase
                                              9:00 - Boy
                                              9:45 - The Stills
                                              10:45 - Broken Social Scene
                                              12:15 - The Dears
                                              $12 Advance Limited wristbands

                                              Rancho Relaxo $6
                                              CMW Presents Punk Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Million Dollar Marxists
                                              10:00 - Sour Grapes
                                              11:00 - Broomfiller
                                              12:00 - The Undercurrents
                                              1:00 - Jerkbank

                                              The Red Square $10
                                              CMW Presents Hip Hop
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Eye 2 Eye
                                              9:45 - Metazon
                                              10:30 - Catburglaz
                                              11:15 - The Oddities
                                              12:00 - Offsides
                                              12:45 - Embassy

                                              Reverb $6
                                              CMW Presents Rock Pop Punk
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - By Permit Only
                                              10:00 - Hope
                                              11:00 - The Day After
                                              12:00 - King Nancy
                                              1:00 - Shamus

                                              Revival
                                              HOB & jazzfm91Presents
                                              9:00 - Bet.e & Stef
                                              doors 8pm
                                              18.50 advance/ticketmaster

                                              Rivoli $6
                                              CMW Presents Rock Pop
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - 8 Foot Sativa
                                              10:00 - Priya Thomas
                                              11:00 - Joel Parisien
                                              12:00 - Grindig
                                              1:00 - Cleavage

                                              Silver Dollar $6
                                              CMW Presents Blues Funk
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Lori Nuic
                                              10:00 - Daisy Ella Mojo Crew
                                              11:00 - Bob Wiseman & Damn Ugly Children
                                              12:00 - Blues Underdogg
                                              1:00 - PSQ Funk

                                              Sneaky Dee's $6
                                              CMW Presents Alt Country
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Orchard Hill
                                              10:00 - Elliot Brood
                                              11:00 - Great Lake Swimmers
                                              12:00 - Bottleneck
                                              1:00 - Precious Little

                                              Tequila Lounge $6
                                              CMW Presents Brit Pop Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Stirling
                                              10:00 - Roller
                                              11:00 - Sully
                                              12:00 - The Lowdown
                                              1:00 - The Turnarounds

                                              The 360 $6
                                              CMW Presents SFL Feldmans Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              8:30 - Jessie Farrell
                                              9:15 - The Boston Post
                                              10:00 - The Miniatures
                                              11:00 - Six Foot Daisy
                                              12:00 - The Livid
                                              1:00 - WDC

                                              Tranzac Club $6
                                              CMW Presents Country Roots
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Marianne Girard
                                              10:00 - Saw Dogs
                                              11:00 - Robbie Roth
                                              12:00 - Heather Morgan & The Company of
                                              Men

                                              Victory Cafe $6
                                              CMW Presents Folk Roots Fiddle
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Kelli Trottier
                                              10:00 - The Footnotes
                                              11:00 - Brian Gladstone

                                              Zen Lounge $6
                                              CMW Presents Glam Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Noise Cat
                                              10:00 - Vampire Beach Babes
                                              11:00 - Merkury Burn

                                              FEBRUARY 28

                                              Bovine Sex Club $6
                                              CMW Presents Glam Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              10:00 - Garler
                                              11:00 - Mr. Underhill
                                              12:00 - Terry Vain & The Itch

                                              B-Side $6
                                              CMW Presents Bhurr Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              8:30 - Tenth Planet
                                              9:10 - The Supers
                                              9:40 - Spokane Jupiter
                                              10:20 - Spring
                                              10:50 - Crash Kelly
                                              11:30 - Trish Bentley
                                              12:00 - Plastic Bag
                                              12:40 - RYE
                                              1:10 - Big Jeezuz Truck

                                              Cameron House $6
                                              CMW Presents Roots Pop
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              9:00 - Vivek
                                              10:00 - Marsala
                                              11:00 - Easily Amused
                                              12:00 - Dodger

                                              Clinton's $6
                                              CMW Presents Pop Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Dr. Noh
                                              10:00 - Marlowe
                                              11:00 - Sean MacDonald & The Gentlemen
                                              12:00 - Matthew Barber

                                              The Docks
                                              CMW Presents Partymania 2
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              Artists/DJs TBA

                                              El Mocambo $10
                                              CMW & Eye Weekly Presents Outside Music
                                              Showcase
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              9:00 - NQ Arbuckle
                                              10:00 - Two-Minute Miracles
                                              11:00 - King Cobb Steelie
                                              12:00 - Stars
                                              1:00 - The Sadies

                                              Healey's $10
                                              CMW Presents ARIA Showcase
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              8:45 - Nathalie Clarke
                                              9:30 - Samatha King
                                              10:15 - Corb Lund Band
                                              11:30 - Alfie Zappacosta
                                              12:45 - Ralph Johnson Boyd & The Ruckus

                                              Holy Joes $6
                                              CMW Presents
                                              10:00 - Madviolet
                                              11:00 - Jenna
                                              12:00 The Quiet Revolution

                                              Horseshoe Tavern $8
                                              CMW Presents Chart Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Soft Canyon
                                              10:00 - Carolyn Mark
                                              11:00 - Staggered Crossing
                                              12:00 - Boomkat
                                              1:00 - The Spitfires
                                              Hugh's Room $ 12
                                              CMW Presents Blue Bird North
                                              Sarah Slean
                                              Neil Osbourne
                                              Choclair
                                              Blair Packham
                                              Graph Nobel
                                              Arlene Bishop
                                              Damhnait Doyle
                                              Shari Ulrich

                                              Kathedral $6
                                              CMW Presents Rock Metal
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              7:30 - Trapt
                                              8:15 - The Exies
                                              9:00 - Hybrid Cartel
                                              10:00 - 54Stance
                                              11:00 - Loco
                                              12:00 - Ritual
                                              1:00 - Kybosh

                                              Koolhaus
                                              CMW / House of Blues Concerts
                                              MUDVAYNE

                                              Lee's Palace
                                              CMW Presents Vazaleen
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              The Gossip

                                              Opera House $20 Advance
                                              CMW & Emerge Presents
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              DJ Krush
                                              with guests Wabi

                                              Rancho Relaxo $6
                                              CMW Presents Suck My Disc Collective
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Slick
                                              10:00 - Silverseed
                                              11:00 - The Mark Inside
                                              12:00 - The Uncut
                                              1:00 - The Electric Shoes

                                              The Red Square $6
                                              CMW Presents Hip Hop R&B
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Adversaree
                                              10:00 - Kayte Burgess
                                              11:00 - Mista Cronks

                                              Reverb $10
                                              CMW Presents Kindling/Aperature Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - The Full Nine
                                              10:00 - Kathryn Rose
                                              11:00 - The Salads
                                              12:00 - Tallman
                                              1:00 - National Anthem

                                              Revival
                                              CMW & Motown Records Presents
                                              8:00 - Melanie Durrant
                                              doors 7:30
                                              Wristband/passes

                                              Rivoli $6
                                              CMW Presents The Agency Group Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - The Trews
                                              10:00 - George Leach
                                              11:00 - Micro Maureen
                                              12:00 - Shikasta
                                              1:00 - Transient Noise

                                              Savannah Lounge $10
                                              CMW Presents Unsigned Hype Urban Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              Showtime 11:30
                                              Reign
                                              Smalls
                                              Opinion
                                              Natasha Waterman

                                              Silver Dollar $6
                                              CMW Presents Pop Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Lederhosen Lucil
                                              10:00 - Young Ideas
                                              11:00 - The Bramitzvah Bros
                                              12:00 - The Bicycles
                                              1:00 - Space Elevator

                                              Sneaky Dee's $6
                                              CMW Presents Emo Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Off The Mark
                                              10:00 - Flimmaker
                                              11:00 - The Great Forgetting
                                              12:00 - Honeysuckle Serontina
                                              1:00 - Amped

                                              Tequila Lounge $6
                                              CMW Presents Hard Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Dee
                                              10:00 - Black Rice
                                              11:00 - Les Chiens Sales
                                              12:00 - Stampede Queen
                                              1:00 - little Sunday

                                              The 360 $6
                                              CMW Presents 604/Flemish Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - High Holy Days
                                              10:00 - The Upper Levels
                                              11:00 - Snowblind
                                              12:00 - Skitsoy
                                              1:00 - Satellite City

                                              Tranzac Club $6
                                              CMW Presents Roots Country
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Melanie Laine
                                              10:00 - Todd Geldart
                                              11:00 - Andrew Walker
                                              12:00 - Val LeRoy

                                              Victory Cafe $6
                                              CMW Presents Pop Folk Roots
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Vetch
                                              10:00 - Monica Schroeder
                                              11:00 - John Cossar
                                              12:00 - Charley Beck

                                              Zen Lounge $10
                                              CMW Presents Glam Rock
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              9:00 - The Brothers Rise
                                              10:00 - The Rumours
                                              11:00 - Robin Black & The I.R.S.

                                              March 1

                                              Bovine Sex Club $6
                                              CMW Presents Rock
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              10:00 - Heart Mur Mur
                                              11:00 - Sour Grapes
                                              12:00 - Sixty Six Kicks

                                              B-Side $6
                                              CMW Presents CGMA Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Esoteric
                                              10:00 - Martine
                                              11:00 - Sharon Riley and the Faith Chorale
                                              11:30 - Mark Masri
                                              12:00 - Jake

                                              Cameron House $6
                                              CMW Presents PMIA Showcase
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              9:00 - Andrea Klas
                                              10:00 - Alex Murdoch
                                              11:00 - Cooldown
                                              12:00 - LEI

                                              El Mocambo $25
                                              CMW Presents Daniel Lanois
                                              SOLD OUT!!
                                              First 25 wristbands / passes accepted
                                              Doors at 7:00 Show starts 8:00

                                              El Mocambo $10
                                              Teenage USA / Battle Axe Presents
                                              **Late Show**
                                              10:00 - Sweatshop Union
                                              11:00 - Stink Mitt
                                              12:00 - The Tijuana Bibles
                                              1:00 - Bombast
                                              Doors at 9:30pm

                                              Future Shop 2400 Yonge St. FREE
                                              CMW Presents Furture Shop & Chart Magazine
                                              FAN FEST
                                              Autograph Session & Select Live
                                              Performances 3 - 5PM
                                              Featuring Shawn Desman, Bif Naked, Glenn
                                              Lewis,
                                              Holly MacNarland, Mudvayne, Not By Choice,
                                              Edwin, The Salads, Rascalz

                                              Horseshoe Tavern $8
                                              CMW Presents Chart Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - The Meligrove Band
                                              10:00 - The Organ
                                              11:00 - Tangiers
                                              12:00 - Bionic
                                              1:00 - Cheerleader

                                              Lee's Palace $15 Advance
                                              CMW Presents
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              early show - doors at 7:00
                                              7:30 - Mike Clark
                                              8:20 - The Weekend
                                              9:20 - Tegan & Sara

                                              Opera House $15 ADV
                                              CMW Presents FLOW Showcase
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              8:00 - Flow Showcase Winner
                                              8:30 - Nasri
                                              8:45 - Carl Henry
                                              9:00 - Belinda Brady
                                              9:45 - IRS
                                              10:30 - Brassmunk
                                              11:15 - Jully Black
                                              12:15 - Rascalz

                                              Rancho Relaxo $8
                                              CMW Presents Rainbow Quartz Showcase
                                              9:00 - The Lackloves
                                              10:00 - The Three 4 Tens
                                              11:00 - The Grip Weeds
                                              12:00 - The Asteroid 4
                                              1:00 - Outrageous Cherry

                                              The Red Square $10
                                              CMW Presents Electronica
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Quadraceptor
                                              10:00 - Bleep
                                              11:00 - Audiosleep
                                              12:00 - Quadra
                                              1:00 - Off the International Radar

                                              Rivoli - Early Show doors 6pm
                                              Passes / wristbands only
                                              Sony Presents
                                              6:20 - Kazzer
                                              7:00 - The Raveonettes

                                              Rivoli $10
                                              CMW Presents National Song Writers
                                              Showcase
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              Hosted by Twigg
                                              Special Performance by - Timber
                                              Featuring: Dean Park, Greg Hargarten,
                                              Roland Cote,
                                              Peter Post, Genevieve Rainey, Randal
                                              Arsenault,
                                              Ash Jones, Alison MacLean, Sophie Young,
                                              Joel Plaskett,
                                              Chris Skinner, Jacen Ekstrom

                                              Silver Dollar $8
                                              CMW Presents Endearing Showcase
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              9:00 - The Parkas
                                              10:00 - Hot Little Rocket
                                              11:00 - Paper Moon
                                              12:00 - The Heavy Blinkers
                                              1:00 - Radiogram

                                              Sneaky Dee's $8
                                              CMW Presents Teenage USA Showcase
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              9:00 - Final Four
                                              10:00 - Les Marmottes Aplaties
                                              11:00 - Grasshopper Sound Clash
                                              12:00 - Mean Red Spiders
                                              1:00 - The Barcelona Pavilion

                                              The 360 $
                                              CMW Presents Xtreme Band Slam
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              Featuring: Hybird Cartel, Vedanta,
                                              Blasternault,
                                              Ghosts of Modern Man, Steeple Chaser,
                                              Silverseed, Shamus, Trikl-Tshyn,
                                              Headpeace,
                                              + bands to be named later by CJXY, CFNY,
                                              CKQB, CIKR

                                              Tranzac Club $6
                                              CMW Presents Celtic Flamenco Traditional
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Borg & Vella
                                              10:00 - Madrigaia
                                              11:00 - Wayne Lavalee
                                              12:00 - Skarlet O'Hara

                                              Victory Cafe $6
                                              CMW Presents Pop Folk Roots
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              9:00 - Mayor McCA
                                              10:00 - Aaron Booth
                                              11:00 - Tamara Williamson
                                              12:00 - Junetile

                                              Zen Lounge $12- 24
                                              TCG Stars of Tommorrow - Making the Cut
                                              Showcase
                                              wristbands / passes accepted
                                              Check Musicwake.com
                                              8:45 - Far From Nowhere
                                              9:40 - F.R.I.D.A.Y. aka Ricky Dread
                                              10:10 - Untamed
                                              10:50 -The Act
                                              11:45 - Aleah D'Kos
                                              12:25 - The Spicoli's
                                              1:05 - Canteen

                                              March 2

                                              Healey's $20
                                              CMW Presents Classic Rock & Roll
                                              extremely limited wristbands / passes
                                              accepted
                                              Marky Ramone & The Speedkings
                                              Riot Act

                                              --
                                            • Lady
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Feb 24, 2003

                                                Thanks John.:)

                                                Gary, I am in on Thursday to purchase a festival pass and  an event but will be leaving to drive home immediately following.  Can't afford to stay the whole week at the Sheraton...but then again with the gas prices?????  I will be in on Saturday and staying over until Sunday to take in some of the events on both days/evenings.  A friend of mine will be with me and she and I will be stopping at the HC Saturday afternoon to do coffee at the Bar.  If you can...I'd love to see you drop by.  We'll be heading up to the bars from there shortly after dinner.  I would like to take in more, but I find that the cost of a full pass is just too unreasonable for me.  My involvement in the idustry is very minor, so unless I actually get paid to do the promo and bookings...I'll have to settle for the poor man's events.  hahahaha

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Feb 24, 2003
                                                  wrote:
                                                  Saturday afternoon to do coffee at the Bar. If you can...I'd love to
                                                  see you drop by.

                                                  Gary17 / Afternoon..... Afternoon / Gary17

                                                  Daylight / Gary17.... Gary17 / Daylight

                                                  Daylight SATURDAY??? / Gary17..... Gary17 / Daylight SATURDAY???

                                                  No Matter how I look at this..I'm still coming up with an oxymoron..
                                                  The words Gary..... not you...

                                                  No folks... you have a better chance of meeting Dracula at high noon on
                                                  an outdoor patio...

                                                  Peace

                                                  John
                                                • Miche <lomystery@yahoo.com>
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Feb 25, 2003
                                                    --- In to-nitemagazineforum@yahoogroups.com, "John Fraser
                                                    <viewyourphotos@y...>" <viewyourphotos@y...> wrote:
                                                    > > No folks... you have a better chance of meeting Dracula at high
                                                    noon on an outdoor patio...

                                                    HAhahahahahaha....of course, what was I thinking! Okay...after
                                                    sunset...somewhere in the city of TO...I'll find the big hat!

                                                    Miche
                                                    Canadian Music Industry Professional Group
                                                    CdnMusicInd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                                    www.tonos.com/ladyofmystery