Deanna Fae Prall features at my Hirut open stage Wed. Dec. 14

  • Gary 17
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2011
      Deanna Fae Prall features at my Hirut open stage Wed. Dec. 14

      Following a stellar week one debut with feature act Chad Campbell, the feature for Week 2's of my open stage at Hirut Restaurant (2050 Danforth Ave. just west of Woodbine) is another east end-based singer-songwriter, Deanna Fae Prall. Originally from New Brunswick, this vivacious young artist has bite and edge in her lyrics and catchy drive in her music. The night runs 8:30 - 1:30, with Deanna's feature set, expected to be in trio mode with Chris Mills and Chad Campbell, running 10-10:30.

      During the open stage portion of the evening all styles of music are welcome and there's no pre-set sign-up time. My house guitar and the upright house piano are available for performers to use, along with three mics and plenty of PA inputs for instruments. Between the live sets I spin music by local and Canadian singer-songwriters and bands, quite likely some you know personally!

      Last week at the debut episode we had performances by: Roger Zuraw; Steve Raiken; Darwin Bruce; Mike Barr; Chad Campbell (doing the feature set); Jack The Riffer with Darwin Bruce accompanying; Keith Griffin; Paul Cross; Kevin Davies accompanied by Ken on the banjo; Ken playing a solo set with the guitar; John Layton; Michael Oesch & Jeremy Smith of Army Of Freedom as a duo; then reprise sets from Ken and from Kevin.

      I spun tunes by Angie Nussey; Drew Winters; Gerry LeBlanc; Gayle Ackroyd; Pete Otis (who was there but didn't perform); Ric Proctor; Deanna Fae Prall; Desmond Nathan; Ellen Carol; Peter Verity; Steven Morrison; and The Outlanders.

      People loved the sound of the room and were very comfortable there too. The owners are a down-to-earth, friendly couple who like music (also featuring occasional Jazz acts weekends), the food (Ethiopian and Canadian fare available) is excellent, prices are quite reasonable and sight lines and ambiance are perfect. It's just around the corner half a block west of the Woodbine subway station. Come one come all!