Re: TNC-x, WL2K & Rpi

  • bud thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013

      Rob and All.

      Charley K4GBB just today indicated some update information on this topic.  I don’t know if he has had time to modify the referenced article below.

      Just a heads up.

      bud N0IA

      Hello everyone, Rob (N4WGY) here, just joined this group. Recently ordered a TNC-X w/usb option. Has yet to arrive. Planning on marrying it to a Raspberry Pi for use as a WL2K gateway. I have found what seems to be some good info on doing this here:
      http://www.aresav.org/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=1&id=23&artlang=en

      Anyone who has an operational WL2K gateway/Rpi/TNC-X setup, I'd be very appreciative of any tips, links etc! Thanks in advance!

    • John Wiseman
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
        Rob,

        Maybe a bit late now, but there is a version of the TNC-X designed to connect to the PI header. See http://www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi.htm

        73, John G8BPQ

        Hello everyone, Rob (N4WGY) here, just joined this group. Recently ordered a TNC-X w/usb option. Has yet to arrive. Planning on marrying it to a Raspberry Pi for use as a WL2K gateway. I have found what seems to be some good info on doing this here:
        http://www.aresav.org/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=1&id=23&artlang=en

        Anyone who has an operational WL2K gateway/Rpi/TNC-X setup, I'd be very appreciative of any tips, links etc! Thanks in advance!

        Sincerely,

        Rob Conklin
        N4WGY

      • W6IDS
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
          John,

          In the pix of the two TNC-PIs atop the Raspberry, there’s a “Solwise” visible.
          Is that yours?  Wondered what it’s talking to.  Went to the website to look
          around.

          Howard W6IDS

          Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:38 PM
          Subject: RE: [tnc-x] TNC-x, WL2K & Rpi

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
            Howard,

            It looks a bit different from the one on Amazon, but seems to function the same.

            Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:38 PM