TNC-x, WL2K & Rpi

  • unschool101
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      Hello everyone, Rob (N4WGY) here, just joined this group. Recently ordered a TNC-X w/usb option. Has yet to arrive. Planning on marrying it to a Raspberry Pi for use as a WL2K gateway. I have found what seems to be some good info on doing this here:
      http://www.aresav.org/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=1&id=23&artlang=en

      Anyone who has an operational WL2K gateway/Rpi/TNC-X setup, I'd be very appreciative of any tips, links etc! Thanks in advance!

      Sincerely,

      Rob Conklin
      N4WGY
    • bud thompson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013

        Rob and All.

        Charley K4GBB just today indicated some update information on this topic.  I don’t know if he has had time to modify the referenced article below.

        Just a heads up.

        bud N0IA

        Hello everyone, Rob (N4WGY) here, just joined this group. Recently ordered a TNC-X w/usb option. Has yet to arrive. Planning on marrying it to a Raspberry Pi for use as a WL2K gateway. I have found what seems to be some good info on doing this here:
        http://www.aresav.org/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=1&id=23&artlang=en

        Anyone who has an operational WL2K gateway/Rpi/TNC-X setup, I'd be very appreciative of any tips, links etc! Thanks in advance!

      • John Wiseman
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
          Rob,

          Maybe a bit late now, but there is a version of the TNC-X designed to connect to the PI header. See http://www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi.htm

          73, John G8BPQ

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
            John,

            In the pix of the two TNC-PIs atop the Raspberry, there’s a “Solwise” visible.
            Is that yours?  Wondered what it’s talking to.  Went to the website to look
            around.

            Howard W6IDS

            Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:38 PM
            Subject: RE: [tnc-x] TNC-x, WL2K & Rpi

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
              Howard,

              It looks a bit different from the one on Amazon, but seems to function the same.

              Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:38 PM