TNC-X for the Raspberry Pi

  • Max
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
      John, any idea how long it will be before the Raspberry Pi version of the TNC-X will be available? I read some posts about it over here.

      Max KG4PID
    • John Wiseman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
        Max,

        They will be supplied by the TNC-X developer, John W2FS. He could probably give you more accurate info, but he has just received the first batch of boards, so provided there aren't any problems with them they should be available soon.

        73, John

        John, any idea how long it will be before the Raspberry Pi version of the TNC-X will be available? I read some posts about it over here.

        Max KG4PID

        .

      • Max
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
          I should have put a last name with that, my bad. My post was actually directed to John Hansen as I figured he would have the current info on availability. Is there a schematic diagram and driver install and setup available yet?

          Max

          --- In tnc-x@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

          > Max,
          >
          > They will be supplied by the TNC-X developer, John W2FS. He could probably
          > give you more accurate info, but he has just received the first batch of
          > boards, so provided there aren't any problems with them they should be
          > available soon.
          >
          > 73, John
          >
          > _____

          d=950/stime=1359078681/nc1=4025338/nc2=5191954/nc3=5741395>

        • John Wiseman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2013
            Max,

            There is a schematic at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/PITNC%20Schematic.pdf but it is probably not quite up to date - I think John has made minor changes.

            If you only want to run one TNC on the PI, it can use the PI serial port, and no additional software is needed. If you need more than one, or want to use the serial port for something else, there is a driver that converts from i2c to a virtual com port for use with standard KISS software. Alternatively there is a linux port of my BPQ32 node package that talks directly to the TNC over the i2c bus. Both are in an advanced stage of testing, but are not generally available yet.

            73,  John G8BPQ

            I should have put a last name with that, my bad. My post was actually directed to John Hansen as I figured he would have the current info on availability. Is there a schematic diagram and driver install and setup available yet?

            Max

            --- In tnc-x@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

            > Max,
            >
            > They will be supplied by the TNC-X