report on debugging TNC-X and FT817ND connection for Winlink usage

  • Don Rolph
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2012

      As is my wont with my short time slots available for debugging, it has taken a while, but I have reached the next step with my debugging my FT817ND and TNC-X for Winlink usage.

      If I take the system and connect it to my external antenna, all works well.

      If I place the rubber duck on the FT817ND, RMS express crashes, sometimes on its own, and sometimes when I clear the hung in transmission mode problem.

      Looks  like it is RF feedback and not the subtleties of the cable.

      Now to figure out  how to suppress the RF feedback so I can field a portable Winlink station.

      73,

      AB1PH

      Don Rolph