RMS Express issue with TNC-X

  • ke7tjk
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2011
      RMS Express gives me a failure to initialize message when attempting to open a session.

      I can unplug the TNC-X from my computer, plug it back in, and most of the time it will initialize, and work fine. However, about one out of three times RMS Express displays an error message, saying it must close. When I attempt to reopen RMS Express, and start a session, the TNC-X fails to initialize. If I unplug from the computer again, and let it sit, it will work again for a couple of sessions before repeating the errors.

      Is there different settings in RMS Express that I should use other than the default? I'm running XP 32bit, and using the USB otion on the TNC-X.

      Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    • Don Rolph
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 8, 2011

        Is your TNC-X connected with a serial cable or a USB cable?

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 8, 2011
          USB.

          --- In tnc-x@yahoogroups.com, "Don Rolph" <don.rolph@...> wrote:

          > Is your TNC-X connected with a serial cable or a USB cable?

        • Tyghe Richardson

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 26, 2011
              Is there a driver for Windows 7 64 bit?

              The driver download from FTDI isn't working.

              --- In tnc-x@yahoogroups.com, "Don Rolph" <don.rolph@...> wrote:

              > Is your TNC-X connected with a serial cable or a USB cable?

            • Mike Miller
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 26, 2011
                FTDI drivers can be found at:
                <http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm>

                Maybe the latest driver will help, the release notes indicate
                some bug fixes.

                Mike kc9doa