Connecting an Icom 207H to the TNC-X

  • Javier Henderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
      Hello,

      I intend to connect an Icom IC-207H to a TNC-X. It all looks pretty straightforward, the mini-DIN connector in the back of the radio has all the signals needed.

      Has anyone else done this already? If so, were there any gotchas, or was it pretty much plug-n-play?

      73,
      -jav w6vms
    • Ted Seifert Jr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
        I've done this for mine and did not run into any insurmountable issues.

        Just a few tries to get the baud rates right but trial and error finally got results. If you are at all more PC savvy that me it should go smoothly.

        Feel free to contact me again if you need me to check my set up to get your working.

        Ted - K2TJr

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
          On 1/3/2011 12:16 PM, Javier Henderson wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I intend to connect an Icom IC-207H to a TNC-X. It all looks pretty
          > straightforward, the mini-DIN connector in the back of the radio has
          > all the signals needed.
          >
          > Has anyone else done this already? If so, were there any gotchas, or
          > was it pretty much plug-n-play?

          Pretty straight forward. I have one cable that works with my IC-207H,
          IC-208H, and Yaesu FT-1500. Just wired per the instructions.

          Tim N9PUZ
        • Javier Henderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2011
            On Jan 3, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Tim N9PUZ wrote:

            > Pretty straight forward. I have one cable that works with my IC-207H,
            > IC-208H, and Yaesu FT-1500. Just wired per the instructions.

            It was indeed very simple. A discarded PS/2 PC keyboard was the source for the 6 pin mini-DIN connector, it worked on the first try.

            73,
            -jav w6vms