WIN TNC and other Kiss Programs

  • paul thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      Does anyone know if WINTNC will install and run on a 64 bit Windows 7 platform PC? I am trying to help get several folks up and running. I was able to do it on Windows XP just fine. However, trying to install (downloaded wintnc1g.exe) on Windows 7 gets a message, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer system information to see if you are an X86 (32 bit) or X64 (64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Also, tried executing the install (.exe) package in Windows XP compatibility mode, which didn't work either. Thanks for any help in advance!

      73,
      Paul
    • john_ke5c
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2010
        > Does anyone know if WINTNC will install and run on a 64 bit Windows 7 platform PC? I am trying to help get several folks up and running. I was able to do it on Windows XP just fine. However, trying to install (downloaded wintnc1g.exe) on Windows 7 gets a message, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer system information to see if you are an X86 (32 bit) or X64 (64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Also, tried executing the install (.exe) package in Windows XP compatibility mode, which didn't work either. Thanks for any help in advance!

        I've been meaning to check this out because it is an interesting question. I used version I which I believe is the latest, and received the same message with Windows 7 Professional. However, I have the "XP vitural machine" installed, and it will install to that. I don't have a radio right now, but the FTDI drivers for the TNC-X installed, and wintnc could be configured correctly, so it will probably run.

        73--John