X-Track icons? WTH?

  • Shawn McClintock
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006

      I have both mine and a friends TNC-X running great now (thanks John!) anyhow, I am having issues with getting the APRS icons to work properly in the X-Track.

      I selected 62 (according to my icon/ascii index, that is a car) but showed up as a bicycle,. I played some more, seems I can get a few, but not all primary, aprs icons. I can get the bicycle (62 ascii), horse (65), airplane (57), green semaphore flag (63), sstv smiley  (54) school bus (55)… you get the idea… seems it was 30 units off of the ascii code per icon chart index at http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/miscinfo/APRS_Symbol_Chart.pdf

      for some icons, but not even in the ballpark for others.

      Any pointers would be GREATLY appreciated!

      Thanks in advance!

      Shawn,

      KD6OJI