New Member/New (Almost) Owner

  • Tim N9PUZ
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
      Greetings. I'm new to the list here and waiting for my TNC-X kit to be
      delivered.

      I'll be building the version with the USB interface option so I can
      easily connect it to my laptop for portable operations. Any hints or
      suggestions outside of what's in the documentation?

      Also, if anyone has comments on using it for accessing TelPac nodes
      that's one of my planned uses as well.

      73,

      Tim, N9PUZ
      Web: <http://www.n9puz.com>
    • John Galvin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
        I have the TNC-X as well and can access Telpac nodes with it.  To Winlink with the TNC-X you should go with Paclink and AGW packet engine since the TNC-X is KISS only. For reference to use Airmail for this you need a fully implemented TNC (ie. KPC-3 for VHF) . Good luck with you implementation. The TNC-X also works great with UI-View.

        73, John - N5TIM

        At 10:13 6/7/2007, you wrote:

        Greetings. I'm new to the list here and waiting for my TNC-X kit to be
        delivered.

        I'll be building the version with the USB interface option so I can
        easily connect it to my laptop for portable operations. Any hints or
        suggestions outside of what's in the documentation?

        Also, if anyone has comments on using it for accessing TelPac nodes
        that's one of my planned uses as well.

        73,

        Tim, N9PUZ
        Web: <http://www.n9puz.com>

        John Galvin - N5TIM
        jrgalvin2@...
        JUNK - Stuff we throw away ... STUFF - junk we keep.