Programing the X-Digi

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
      I have just finished putting my TNC-X together with the X-Digi Daughter Board, and all looks to be working good.
      What I need to know now, is what setting to put in the configuration for use as a relay digi.
      I plan on just using it for events for a fill in digi. It looks like I need to set it for WIDE1-1, but how do I go about this? I have found out how to enter the information into the configuration, just need to know what to enter.
      I have never set up a digi station before, so this is a new area for me.

      Thanks,
      Vince, K6BIR
    • J. Rausch
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2005
        Vince, I just ordered mine. Still waiting on it to show up. Hva eyou
        solved the problem yet? I saw that you also posted on the TAPR sig.
        I did'nt really follow it. Did it eventually turn into a fist fight
        over the WIDEn-n support? hahaha

        Hope to replace my KPC3 in my digi with this soon.

        I wish we could liven up this group some :o)

        Jason KE4NYV
        www.ke4nyv.com
        RPC Electronics
        www.rpc-electronics.com

        --- In tnc-x@yahoogroups.com, "Vince" <rradiohham1@e...> wrote:

        > I have just finished putting my TNC-X together with the X-Digi
        Daughter Board, and all looks to be working good.
        > What I need to know now, is what setting to put in the configuration
        for use as a relay digi.
        > I plan on just using it for events for a fill in digi. It looks like
        I need to set it for WIDE1-1, but how do I go about this? I have found
        out how to enter the information into the configuration, just need to
        know what to enter.
        > I have never set up a digi station before, so this is a new area for
        me.

        > Thanks,
        > Vince, K6BIR

      • Vince
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 14, 2005
          Jason,

          I have the TNC working ok, but I am not sure that the digi is working as it should yet, still working on the settings. I plan to put up a notice on the site as to what I have so far. It looks to be digiapeating, but I do not see my callsign on the map.

          Vince, K6BIR

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2005
            You're not sending out the position of your digipeter (there's no
            provision for a GPS to be hooked up) so I don't think you should expect
            to see your position on the map. If it's digipeting packets, it must be
            working.

            John W2FS

            Vince wrote:

            > Jason,
            >
            > I have the TNC working ok, but I am not sure that the digi is working
            > as it should yet, still working on the settings. I plan to put up a
            > notice on the site as to what I have so far. It looks to be
            > digiapeating, but I do not see my callsign on the map.
            >
            > Vince, K6BIR

          • Jason Rausch
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 14, 2005
              --- John Hansen <john@...> wrote:

              > You're not sending out the position of your
              > digipeter (there's no
              > provision for a GPS to be hooked up) so I don't
              > think you should expect
              > to see your position on the map.

              John, by that do you mean that the X-Digi board DOES
              NOT also send it's own position periodically while
              digipeating traffic?

              Jason KE4NYV
              www.ke4nyv.com
              RPC Electronics