'USB not recognized' resolution.

  • VE3GIH Gord
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2006
      Gentlemen;

      As a quick followup, the fact that my notebook PC did not recognize
      the TNC-X when it was installed was due to soldering issues.

      When those issues were solved, the TNC was recognized and software
      installed normally. However, the PC immediately stopped operation with
      a severe error message and memory dump. The solution to that was what
      Mr. Hansen suggested, troubleshooting the RS-232 chain as described in
      the manual. Another soldering issue was found, and now things seem to
      be working well.

      All tests have now been passed, and I'm now begining to create a new
      cable for the Yeasu to TNC-X units. I am also going to document the
      troubleshooting test points, with expected results, and hope to post
      that information on the Yahoo site early in the new year. It may help
      someone else who has a similar problem.

      Thanks to everyone who responded to my original posting.

      Regards,
      VE3GIH Gord Hewit