Digipeating parameters

  • galvinfranks
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
      Can someone provide a set of parameters that works on the X-digi
      board as a digipeater? I've tried quite a few combinations,
      and a previous post by others asked for and didn't receive them.

      I'm not asking for an esoteric discussion of values, background
      or history. I'm just asking for a simple list of what works,
      and that should help me in getting my fill-in digi up and running.

      Thanks.
    • Mike Ligeza
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
        We have been running a tnc-x as a APRS digi for some months now with great success.  Parameters are as follows:

        c)   CALL   VA3RLR
               SSID    ---

        D)   DUPE TIME      6 secs

        i)   UICALL1    WIDE1-1

        0)  BEACON CALL  APRS
        1)  BEACON PATH     WIDE2-1
        5)  BEACON INTERVAL  240 * 5   (this equals 20min)
        A) BEACON TEXT 4453.75N107559.05W#11 Smiths Falls Digi ve3uil@...

        Good Luck

        Mike - VE3UIL Smtihs Falls, ON

      • galvinfranks
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
          Mike: Thanks for the listing. I'll try them out tonight,
          with appropirate changes to call, of course!
          \
          \73 Galvin

          --- In tnc-x@yahoogroups.com, Mike Ligeza <ve3uil@...> wrote:

          > We have been running a tnc-x as a APRS digi for some months now
          with great success. Parameters are as follows:

          > c) CALL VA3RLR
          > SSID ---
          >
          > D) DUPE TIME 6 secs
          >
          > i) UICALL1 WIDE1-1
          >
          > 0) BEACON CALL APRS
          > 1) BEACON PATH WIDE2-1
          > 5) BEACON INTERVAL 240 * 5 (this equals 20min)
          > A) BEACON TEXT 4453.75N107559.05W#11 Smiths Falls Digi ve3uil@...
          >
          > Good Luck
          >
          > Mike - VE3UIL Smtihs Falls, ON

          > Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada
          Messenger with Voice