Re: Nice News about a new Magic Project

  • yooody
    Message 1 of 77 , Jul 3 5:41 AM
      Hi,

      A product to address differntial astmospheric refraction? That
      would be great with Mars firly low for us northern observers.

      Marc Zukoff

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Markus Ludes"
      <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
      > So, so a new nice proejct is coming ? Yes , indeet . It is
      something revolutionäry for the worldwide astronomical market ,
      manufactored by the TMB Super Mono Maker in Germany who is a real
      expert for this new unit, because the optics and mechanics fitting in
      here company production range.

      > It is a product which will improve the resolution and contrast on
      any telescope to be visible even for nonscilled eyes.

      > Its a unit which will correct some of the problems every single
      telescope have to fight with

      > Its retail price will be roughly US $ 495
      > Its using high end optics
      > Its using high end finemechanical engineered mechanics
      >
      > Its a APM advanced product , not yet commercial available on the
      world wide market

      > I asked TMB already about his opinion and he like that idea very
      much. I did not asked Tom to design it, due one specific reason: The
      Super mono Maker is for that unit a real master expert for desiging
      the optics and the mechanics , but of course TMB will sign it up or
      not, before it goes to our worldwide customers. TMB will be our main
      seller in USA

      > Its magic
      >
      > what it is ? I could give you now a few ideas, but only next days I
      getting the complete technical infos, but tomorrow I go to Russia to
      visit our friends at LZOS and I coming home only next thuesday , than
      I will have more infos for all of you.

      > The manufactoring time for the first 200 pc will be between 2 and 3
      month , more close to 3 month

      > you can ask me now holes in my stomach, but I will not answere more
      details till next week. You will have a real reason to get nervous ,
      because it will surpass all your expections.

      > To Thomas Back : Tom please keep same silent till next week, when I
      am back , okay ? Pleas epromisse that to me

      > have a nice week

    • izar21093
      Message 77 of 77 , Nov 18, 2005
        Hi Kent,

        I have had an Intes, 1-1/4" Herschel Wedge for several years. The
        eyepiece holder tube can be unscrewed and the neutral density filter
        semi-permanantly installed above the prism. Then the polarizing
        filter is the only one to install on the eyepice unless you are
        using a large aperture scope. Then the addition of a "moon" filter
        may also be needed.

        With the bino-viewer. I find one side is polarized, the other side
        is not. Interesting.

        The wedge beats all of the film type filters hands-down.

        Bill G

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "kentblackwell" <kent@e...> wrote:

        > Thanks, I belive that's the one I looked through at a recent star
        > party, and was duly impressed.
        >
        > Kent
        >
        > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Wood" <astronut1001@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Kent;
        > >
        > > I have the Intes 1.25" Herschel wedge which I purchased from
        Hands
        > > On Optics. I believe this is the same one carried by APM
        > > Telescopes. It's a LOT less expensive than the 2" Baader wedges
        > > though also not as idiot proofed.
        > >
        > > Seems to be fine optically but it has a typically Russian level
        of
        > > mechanical finish, ie somewhat on the crude side, like an
        optical
        > > T34 tank ;-)
        > >
        > > Hands On Optics does not show this item on their web site so
        check
        > > with them via phone or email regarding availability and current
        > > price with the required ND3 filter and polarizer. The filters
        are
        > > not included with the Intes Herschel wedge. Neither are
        > > instructions. If you need instructions for safe use email me
        off
        > > group.
        > >
        > > Rich Wood
        > >

        > > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "kentblackwell" <kent@e...>