Re: [tmboptical] Re: Eye relief of TMB moncentrics?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi Guys,

      why I have an webside ? Simply look at my webside by the TMB section and all your questions are beeing answered

      http://www.apm-telescopes.de/englisch/apm/monozentrisched_okulare.htm

      best wishes

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Markus Ludes"
        <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > why I have an webside ? Simply look at my webside by the
        > TMB section and all your questions are beeing answered
        >
        > http://www.apm-
        > telescopes.de/englisch/apm/monozentrisched_okulare.htm
        >
        > best wishes

        The eye relief on the TMB Monocentrics is .85x the focal
        length, which is greater than a Plossl at .75x the focal
        length, or an orthoscopic, at .80x the focal length.

        However, the effective eye relief depends on how deep the
        eyelens is inside the eyepiece housing. We designed our
        TMB Monocentric's so the effective eye relief is at its
        maximum, but without exposing the glass to where it could
        be damaged. Thus, the TMB Monocentrics effective eye relief
        is closer to .80x the focal length.

        Some eyepieces claim outrageous eye relief, because they
        are taking the measurement from the eyelens, not considering
        the housing, that can be very deep. All claims for eye relief
        by the eyepiece makers do not include the additional depth of
        the eyepiece itself. We worked hard to preserve it.

        Thomas Back