A day in TMB land

  • digidodi
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2003
      It's always nice to visit TMB Europe headquarters at Markus. You have
      to use a machete to cut through the tubes to get to the other
      side of the store. And look at the same time very careful so you
      don't stumble over a 300 Mewlon or a 7 inch Questar :)

      Real cute stuff I saw, from the tiny 80mm to the huge 8 and 10
      inchers. I had to leave them all behind unfortunately.
      My black TMB was not yet ready, so I could only take back
      a nice Astro-Physics AP400 mount and a piece of Baader solar foil ;)
      Two more weeks of patience for the tube. Just in time for the solar
      eclipse I hope.

      No, there were no monocentrics yet.

      The price for the cutest hybrid scope definitely went to the 130mm f6
      TMB in a Takahashi tube, with Takahashi dewshield and cover and a 2.7
      inch AP focuser.

      D.
    • Mike C
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2003
        > The price for the cutest hybrid scope definitely went to the 130mm f6
        > TMB in a Takahashi tube, with Takahashi dewshield and cover and a 2.7
        > inch AP focuser.
        >
        > D.

        Hi Dodi

        I built that scope, and traded it to Markus for a very sweet 152 f/8 lens in
        cell. Some pics: http://www.scopenews.com/tmb130/

        Mike
      • digidodi
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2003
          Yes, Markus told me. Beautiful work you did!

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Mike C" <mike@e...> wrote:
          > > The price for the cutest hybrid scope definitely went to the
          130mm f6
          > > TMB in a Takahashi tube, with Takahashi dewshield and cover and a
          2.7
          > > inch AP focuser.
          > >
          > > D.
          >

          > Hi Dodi
          >
          > I built that scope, and traded it to Markus for a very sweet 152
          f/8 lens in
          > cell. Some pics: http://www.scopenews.com/tmb130/
          >
          > Mike
        • Ruud Schmeitz
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2003
            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:

            > The price for the cutest hybrid scope definitely went to the 130mm
            > f6 TMB in a Takahashi tube, with Takahashi dewshield and cover and
            > a 2.7 inch AP focuser.
            >
            > D.

            And it's for sale:
            http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?
            Cat=&Board=biete&Number=55721&page=7&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

            Ruud Schmeitz
            Universiteit Maastricht
          • Mike C
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2003
              > Yes, Markus told me. Beautiful work you did!

              Thanks.. someday my 152 will come to life. I've got a capable mount
              now as of last month. But my lens... aye.... still sitting on my
              bookshelf....
              it's getting painful.

              Mike