Re: [tmboptical] G-11 counterweights for TMB152

  • Jack Kramer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 5:15 AM
      From: "Louis Marchesi" <lmarchesi@...>
      > I took delivery of a G-11 today. This mount is going to hold my
      > TMB152. As I was unpacking the single (21lb) counterweight that
      > comes with the mount, I wondered if I would need more weight than
      > that.

      Lou, I have exactly the same setup. Yes, you will need a second counterweight. You might be able to get away with the next lighter one (don't recall the wight). With my TMB 152, I use two 21 lb.counterweights positioned slightly beyond the center of the Dec. shaft.

      Jack Kramer
    • Louis Marchesi
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2 8:14 PM
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Kramer" <jak.stargate@a...>
        wrote:
        > From: "Louis Marchesi" <lmarchesi@y...>
        > > I took delivery of a G-11 today. This mount is going to hold my
        > > TMB152. As I was unpacking the single (21lb) counterweight that
        > > comes with the mount, I wondered if I would need more weight
        than
        > > that.
        >
        > Lou, I have exactly the same setup. Yes, you will need a second
        counterweight. You might be able to get away with the next lighter
        one (don't recall the wight). With my TMB 152, I use two 21
        lb.counterweights positioned slightly beyond the center of the Dec.
        shaft.

        > Jack Kramer

        Thanks Jack. I called Scott after work today and ordered a second
        counterweight. Now if I could only find a DB9->RJ22 adapter for the
        Gemini ...

        Regards,
        Lou