Re: [tmboptical] Re: Placing Orders for Eyepieces

    Message 1 of 22 , May 1, 2003
      Hi All,

      some more explanations, because I see coming up several questions

      1, The manufactoring of the eyepiece is " not" a limited run, it will as long we can sell them , hopefull for many years

      2, yes we selling sets and also single focallenghtes, so you are free to order whatever and how many you want

      3, Tom and me collected a list of names , most of them already said: I want them, Please put me on the list, I order ...etc.

      4, the first production run will be between 50 and 100 sets, than every few weeks next runs of sets.
      Tom and I create a list for his and mine customers, looking to the dates when the email or phone or whatever arrived
      The first on the list get the first eyepiece.
      Depends how big is the list, it might happens that some of the just coming orders may need to wait a few weeks longer than the customers who have been on the list since longer time, but since the production is quite large, there will be no real long wait time

      5, after this production started successfully and the customers and new owners are happy with the eyepiece, than we are ready to discuss and start other focallenghtes of eyepiece , a superhigh quality barlowlens and some more only high end accessories, like a 2" Diagonal mirror using quarz, highest reflection coating and smooth nonrotating eyepiecefocuser build in.

      A next Idea which is already under discussion is a longer focuse 2" widefield compensation eyepiece. What is that ? Its an eyepiece which is matched in its design with the original TMB Apo design to work at its best. Like the zeiss Abbe Orthos have been matched to work the best with the Zeiss APQ.

      Other interested accessories will be introcude step by step with non compromissing quality , everything will be made by the optical company who make the eyepiece. Here optical designers will cooperate with Thomas back to get really worldclass designs out

      best wishes
      Markus

      apm_telescopes@...
      http://www.apm-telescopes.de
    • ronbee77
      Message 2 of 22 , May 1, 2003
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "W. Gondella" <gondella@s...>
        wrote:
        > Markus, Tom,
        >
        > You might want to initiate official ordering before you fix the
        production run. There are
        > many people not even on this list very interested in ordering. If
        you think the run is
        > nearly sold out, then it probably is.
        >
        > WayneG

        ....which is why I've "evangelized" the link to Tom's review in the
        Tele Vue eGroup for instance in the hope that others might be
        interested. You guys ought to do the same elsewhere ;-).

        Ron B[ee]
      • tmboptical
        Message 3 of 22 , May 1, 2003
          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "ronbee77" <ronby@c...> wrote:

          > ....which is why I've "evangelized" the link to Tom's review in the
          > Tele Vue eGroup for instance in the hope that others might be
          > interested. You guys ought to do the same elsewhere ;-).
          >
          > Ron B[ee]

          Hi Ron,

          I'm sure that Uncle Al is just going to love that! :-)

          Thomas Back
        • wjburg
          Message 4 of 22 , May 2, 2003
            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "ronbee77" <ronby@c...> wrote:

            > ....which is why I've "evangelized" the link to Tom's review in the
            > Tele Vue eGroup for instance in the hope that others might be
            > interested. You guys ought to do the same elsewhere ;-).
            >
            > Ron B[ee]

            Ron,

            Your enjoyment of astronomy is obvious, however, starting back when
            comments were made to Mary and myself about our out of date Genesis,
            through this crossing the line into Tele Vue, you have shown a bit of
            an attitude. Maybe a reading of some Dale Carnegie?

            Respectfully submitted,
            bill
          • ronbee77
            Message 5 of 22 , May 2, 2003
              --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "wjburg" <wjburg@y...> wrote:

              > Ron,
              >
              > Your enjoyment of astronomy is obvious, however, starting back
              when
              > comments were made to Mary and myself about our out of date
              Genesis,
              > through this crossing the line into Tele Vue, you have shown a bit
              of
              > an attitude. Maybe a reading of some Dale Carnegie?
              >
              > Respectfully submitted,
              > bill

              Guilty as charged :-(, Bill; for let anyone who is completely and 100%
              humble please stand ;-). I don't recall the thread exactly but I
              seem to remember saying "out of date" in the context of someone
              trying to compare it with the current APOs. Yet, this is no excuse;
              for I shall strive to exercise more evangelical modesty.

              Ron B[ee]
            • wjburg
              Message 6 of 22 , May 2, 2003
                Ron,

                I have had my toes stomped on with due cause, we all get carried away
                at times. Even better than the response I worried about.

                Clear skies, and by the way, ever try the TermaNagler on that light
                cup??? Works great on the "old" 500mm Genesis.
                Best wighes,
                bill

                --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "ronbee77" <ronby@c...> wrote:
                > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "wjburg" <wjburg@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ron,
                Your enjoyment of astronomy is obvious, however, starting back when
                comments were made to Mary and myself about our out of date Genesis,
                through this crossing the line into Tele Vue, you have shown a bit of
                an attitude. Maybe a reading of some Dale Carnegie?

                Respectfully submitted,
                bill

                Guilty as charged :-(, Bill; for let anyone who is completely and 100%
                humble please stand ;-). I don't recall the thread exactly but I
                seem to remember saying "out of date" in the context of someone
                trying to compare it with the current APOs. Yet, this is no excuse;
                for I shall strive to exercise more evangelical modesty.

                > Ron B[ee]
              • wjburg
                Message 7 of 22 , May 2, 2003
                  Don't go too far an the evangelical, you are generally too nice to
                  survive on the Religion forum in Astromart. ;^}

                  Best wishes,
                  bill