[tmboptical] Educate me, please!

  • phbjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17 2:10 PM
      Since I've never looked though one, what is the big deal with the
      Radian eyepiece? They're *REALLY* expensive and I'm not sure I understand
      what they offer than others don't except for a wider field.

      Paul Bock

    • Mike C
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 2:18 PM
        > Since I've never looked though one, what is the big deal with the
        > Radian eyepiece? They're *REALLY* expensive and I'm not sure I understand
        > what they offer than others don't except for a wider field.
        >
        > Paul Bock

        High power views with 20mm of eye relief. As a full time eyeglasses wearer
        I am grateful the Radians exist.

        Many have said you can ditch your glasses when you go to high power, but it
        doesnt cut it for me. Even at tiny exit pupils my eyes are obviously astigmatic.
        Radians reign supreme with eyeglasses!

        Mike C
      • Mike C
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17 2:20 PM
          > Since I've never looked though one, what is the big deal with the
          > Radian eyepiece? They're *REALLY* expensive and I'm not sure I understand
          > what they offer than others don't except for a wider field.
          >
          > Paul Bock

          When I did afocal eyepiece projection tests with a digital camera,
          my Radians also dominated over ortho's and plossl's for size of field
          on the CCD and lack of chromatic abberations.

          Mike C