Result of TMB 100/800 Nr. 089 and 101

  • apm_telescopes@web.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2001
      Hi All,

      the poll is closed, now I posted the testreports, a, as complete page
      and b, very important the topology, which I need for explanation.

      The lens Nr. 089 is my personal lens, the other is for sale.

      To follow my explanations you need to have the topology in front of
      you.

      At the right side of the topology you see 4 diffrent colors, top is
      red, than yellow than, green than blue.
      The numbers say the wavefront p.t.v. , from bottom to top of red we
      have 0.158 = 1/6.3 P-V. Half way between red and green is the cut of
      yellow/red, here we have 0.158+0.0791 : 2 =0.11855 or 1/8.4 P-V, top
      of green is 0.791 or 1/12.64 P-V. Half of the is top of blue, 0.791*2
      = 0.0395 or 1/25 PV.
      That means all colors covering global and local errors with 1/6.3
      wavefront p.t.v. All yellow, green and blue surfaces covers 1/8.4
      wavefront p.t.v. All green and blue covers a surface of 1/12.64 P-V
      and all blue only covers 1/25 wavefront p.t.v.

      The red surface is rather small and more or less nonvisible local
      errors. The yellow is not much bigger and covers almost also local
      errors, the green surface covers about the same as red and yellow
      together , now we can talk about local errors.

      Due this reason this lens show so similar inside/outsidefocuse image.

      However the lens 089 show the outer bright ring on both sides of
      focuse more similar than the lens 101, which confirms the better
      image (in theory ). The lens 101 show more similar inner fresnell
      rings.

      The lens 089 show quite an amount of red and much more yellow. The
      red covers 0.102 PV or 1/9.8 wavefront p.t.v. The red and yellow
      covers 0.102 + 0.0512 :2 = 0.0766 or 1/13 wavefront p.t.v.

      In real startesting the result is the same, the lens 089 show more
      identical outer rings and the lens 101 show more identical inner
      rings. The lens 089 show at highest power on bench a little bit more
      smooth, which you can see only shortly before the focuse, where only
      the brighter rings are present.

      Infocus, both lenses show absolutly identical images.

      I know its very hard to believe all, but the main reason to do this
      test here, was to show you, if you have an lens with higher local
      errors, it does not automatical means that there is any visible
      diffrence infocuse agsinst anothe rlens with better numbers. Only if
      the testreport datas give us global errors, we can say the lens with
      better numbers is better performing ( in theory). I could post many
      TMB Testreports and you would see , that nearly all TMB lenses have
      much lower global errors (which you see in startest) than the numbers
      represents.

      For me the most helpfull tool to understand my startest result is
      that topology map, here I can see quickly, is a lens with higher
      numbers a good lens or not so good lens.

      any questions ?

      you are welcome to ask

      Markus
    • Bill Becker
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2001
        Hi Markus,

        Hehehe...looks like I voted correctly. Do I win anything? ;^)

        Best regards,
        Bill

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2001
          yes a APM-T-Shirt with your scope, just remember me

          Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 5:23 AM
          Subject: Re: [tmboptical] Result of TMB 100/800 Nr. 089 and 101