RE: [tmboptical] Re: Winter Star Party on television

  • tmboptical <TMBoptical@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Eric W. Baumgartner"
      <malkasten@o...> wrote:
      > Anyone catch the segment on the Winter Star Party on "CBS Sunday
      Morning" with Charles Osgood a short while ago? It was pretty well
      done. I didn't catch a glimpse of any TMBs in the montage of
      telescopes shown in the segment (although a big AP Starfire was
      pictured at one point), but I knew they had to be out there, dew-free
      (dew was something that Osgood's voice-over made a big deal of), and
      lurking under clear Caribbean skies.

      > Eric Baumgartner
      > Redding, CT

      Yes, I caught it. There was a guy cleaning his lens, and if you
      looked quickly, you could see it was a TMB. When Tippy said that
      the WSP site was the darkest site in the US, I almost fell out of
      my chair! He should have said one of the best seeing sites.

      Thomas Back