TMB 203 Update

  • David Novoselsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2000
      I just came inside after about two hours observing Saturn and Jupiter
      through the TMB 203. The nice thing about moving out of a tree lined
      homesite to the Western shore of a large, inland lake (Lake Michigan
      is about 100 miles across at this point)is that the view down to the
      Eastern horizon lets you set up and be ready to start observing as
      soon as the Sun goes down. High clouds just interrupted the view,
      but I have now been able to consistently see what I had said I would
      check out in my review of this telescope in my review at
      CloudyNights. Both the Encke Division on Saturn's Rings and detail
      on Ganymede are consistently obtainable in this scope (using about
      500X, more or less depending on seeing conditions, which is possible
      on even less than perfect nights with this scope.) Thank you again
      for designing this outstanding telescope, Tom. Dave