TMB 105mm f/6.2

  • silverthreadedwebs@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
      Hi Thomas!
      The weather has been terrible here. Just when I think that it
      might clear up enough to get my telescope all set up and ready to
      view, the clouds move back in again. It's almost enough to get a girl
      to switch to using microscopes! ;-) Another very frustrating example
      of Murphy's Law combined with a new telescope.
      I have been trying it out terrestrially and I will comment that
      it delivers some of the purest, most accurate colors that I have ever
      seen in a refractor. It has EXTREMELY good color correction. The
      white in clouds and around the head of a Bald Eagle that nests near
      my house are all bright BRIGHT white against their much darker
      backgrounds. No color fringing of any sort has been seen yet (I am
      not using high powers - this is just daytime observing).
      This is a VERY impressive feat as only my old APQ at f/10 was
      capable of doing this well. For this scope at f/6.2 to be so well
      color corrected is a real testament to your extraordinary ability as
      a lens designer. You are to be congratulated for producing such a
      well corrected lens at so fast a focal ratio.
      I am very impressed with the telescope as a whole. It is
      beautifully designed and made, images snap into focus, and image
      quality couldn't get any better. Images are very high contrast,
      colors are wonderfully bright and pure, and the color correction is
      phenomenal.
      Now, all I need to do is sign up for the Markus Ludes "Cloud-
      Zapper" service and I'll be set! ;-) Seriously, these clouds are
      really driving me nuts! I can't wait to play with this telescope
      under the stars. :-) I will give you all the juicy details as soon as
      I can. In the mean time, thank you again for such a wonderful
      instrument!
      Best wishes,
      Julie :-)
      P.S. My new Coronado filter arrived at the same time so I am doubly
      jinxed as far as the weather goes. :-/
    • dnovo@ix.netcom.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        Which Coronado filter/blocking filter, Julie? I have been using the
        AS1-90/BF-30 combination on my TMB 100 and Sky 90 for a while now,
        and I am very impressed. If you have a binoviewer, you will be even
        more impressed. Good luck. Dave Novoselsky
      • TMBoptical@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
          --- In tmboptical@y..., silverthreadedwebs@y... wrote:
          > Hi Thomas!
          > The weather has been terrible here. Just when I think that it
          > might clear up enough to get my telescope all set up and ready to
          > view, the clouds move back in again. It's almost enough to get a
          > girl to switch to using microscopes! ;-) Another very frustrating
          > example of Murphy's Law combined with a new telescope.
          > I have been trying it out terrestrially and I will comment that
          > it delivers some of the purest, most accurate colors that I have
          > ever seen in a refractor. It has EXTREMELY good color correction.
          > The white in clouds and around the head of a Bald Eagle that nests
          > near my house are all bright BRIGHT white against their much darker
          > backgrounds. No color fringing of any sort has been seen yet (I am
          > not using high powers - this is just daytime observing).
          >
          > This is a VERY impressive feat as only my old APQ at f/10 was
          > capable of doing this well. For this scope at f/6.2 to be so well
          > color corrected is a real testament to your extraordinary ability
          > as a lens designer. You are to be congratulated for producing such
          > a well corrected lens at so fast a focal ratio.

          Hi Julie!

          What can I say, other than your compliment to me means more than
          you can know. Thank you.

          > I am very impressed with the telescope as a whole. It is
          > beautifully designed and made, images snap into focus, and image
          > quality couldn't get any better. Images are very high contrast,
          > colors are wonderfully bright and pure, and the color correction is
          > phenomenal.

          I'm so happy that the scope is everything you were hoping for.
          Again, thank you, and I hope your (and mine) skies clear up soon!

          Thomas