4" TMB dew cap? (attn: Markus)

  • paulhathaways <paulhathaway@myeweb.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      For those who own 4" TMB with retractable dewcap 6" in diameter.
      What cap from household materials did you use to cover it (since no
      cap is supplied with the original scope)? And if in case Markus
      sells one (do you Markus?), what kind of cap is it in terms of
      build, colors, etc. (Is it a Vixen cap Markus?)? I found out Vixen 4"
      apos have dew shield with diameter of 5.5" so it can't fit in the 4"
      TMB which has 6" diameter, so if Markus cap is vixen made, pls share
      what model is it. Thanks.

      Paul
    • Mike C
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
        I am sorry I realize you are talking about a different scope model altogether. :)

        Good luck on your quest!

        Mike

      • Michael Frias <aaronslandscape@attbi.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2003
          Paul,
          I am assuming that you are talking of the 'cap' that fits over the end of the dew
          shield. I own a TMB 100/800 CNC tube. I bought mine 2nd hand, but it is my
          understanding that all TMB's come with the the dew shield cap. I did put in a
          request at one time for a new dew 'cap' from APM USA and was told that they
          could order one from Markus. And Markus also contacted me with
          suggestions on how to fix my problem so as not to have to order a new one
          and save some money. So we know that 'caps' are available. Did you order
          your TMB new? From Markus? TMB? APM USA? A dew 'cap' should have
          been included! Especially since I was told by TMB that the dew 'cap' is
          supposed be the primary protection for the lens. The lens cap, that covers the
          lens, is really only used for protection during shipping of the OTA. I use them
          both 'religiously' !
          Michael

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "paulhathaways <paulhathaway@m...>"