TMB Triplet 228 arrived

  • ludes@ur.pils.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2000
      Hi Guys,

      today an 300 pound TMB Triplet apo shipment arrived. One of the
      optics is an TMB 9"F/9 Triplet and at this moment the largest TMB
      super apo going to USA to an guy in california for serious CCD work.
      I posted an image on the filessection of this group.The other optics
      will be over the weekend pretested from me and than shipped to Tom
      for final testing before they going out to his and Astronomics
      customers. The tubes will comes a little later ( about 2 weeks), but
      for Santa Clous day early December, the backordered guys should
      almost all have here present on the table (excapt the very latest
      orders for larger optics).

      Happy Nicolaus

      Markus

      BTW: ntil end of this year the CNC maschine shop have his new second
      CNC maschine fully running,. so that we expect from that time that
      always optics and tubes leaving to Tom in one shipment.
      I think this year was not a bad start for everybody and my special
      thanks to Tom for his great work and Astronomics for all support to
      Tom and the amateurcommunity
    • Mark Lancaster

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2000
          Mark,

          your tuberings have been shipped with other stuff to John Biggs by DHL at October, DHL needs usual 4~5 days, which means John Biggs should have your tuberings since about 1 week.

          When John Biggs bought that tubes, he did know that the Tuberings are delayed for a few weeks, if he not inform his customers about that, it is not our fault.

          best wishes

          Markus

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2000
            The tube rings are at Kennedy customs, therefore John hasn't had them for a week. They have yet to get to Colorado....

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2000
              as far as I heard from all importers DHL needs only 4~5 days. if John still not have it, than i expect John cannot be reached by phone from DHGL, like nobody can get John to the phone.

              best wishes

              Markus

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2000
                Very impressive, Markus. Dave