Re: Blame the weather on me...

  • digitania
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2002
      Larry,

      Yeah, that about sums it up.

      regards,

      twhite

      P.S. :)

      > Let me get this straight: You've got a DUP, but you need a DAP,
      but since
      > you've got dup DUPs you'll use one DUP as a TEMP.
      >
      > Good thing you don't need an Extender-Q, CAA, three adapter rings
      and a
      > custom part from Art.
      >
      > --Larry
      >
      > PS: ;-)
    • jimhp29401us
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2002

        > Let me get this straight: You've got a DUP, but you need a DAP, but
        since
        > you've got dup DUPs you'll use one DUP as a TEMP.
        >
        > Good thing you don't need an Extender-Q, CAA, three adapter rings
        and a
        > custom part from Art.
        >
        > --Larry

        Alright! Go Larry Go!

        Jim :^)
      • W. Gondella
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4, 2002
          Dear twhite,

          You'll be interested to know then that Joe's telescope nearly fell into my hands as well.
          I spoke to him last Spring ago about buying it for an observatory our club is building,
          but called him last summer to tell him that the club's intersts were leaning in another
          direction.

          You are right though--- he only sold it for a 7" and had trepidations at that, as the
          images in his 6 were so good he was very reluctant to part with it.

          WG

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 4, 2002
            --- In tmboptical@y..., "W. Gondella" <gondella@s...> wrote:
            > You are right though--- he only sold it for a 7" and had trepidations

            Will that be a TMB-175?

            > at that, as the images in his 6 were so good he was very reluctant to
            > part with it.

            And my congratulations also to Mr. White on his new
            TMB-152 soon to arrive.

            Tim
          • digitania
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 4, 2002
              Wayne,

              I had heard about that. Pete Kron actually recommended the scope to
              me when he heard that I was thinking about getting one, and found
              out it was still available. Didn't know it was you, however.

              I understand he now has something even larger... and aperture fever
              comes expensive in the refactor world. :)

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • tmboptical
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 5, 2002
                --- In tmboptical@y..., "digitania" <twhite@d...> wrote:
                > Wayne,
                >
                > I had heard about that. Pete Kron actually recommended the scope
                > me when he heard that I was thinking about getting one, and found
                > out it was still available. Didn't know it was you, however.
                >
                > I understand he now has something even larger... and aperture fever
                > comes expensive in the refactor world. :)
                >
                > regards,
                >
                > twhite

                If I'm not mistaken, Joe is having a 9" to 11" achro refractor
                built!

                Thomas Back
              • digitania
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 5, 2002
                  > > I understand he now has something even larger... and aperture
                  fever
                  > > comes expensive in the refactor world. :)
                  > >
                  > > regards,
                  > >
                  > > twhite
                  >
                  > If I'm not mistaken, Joe is having a 9" to 11" achro refractor
                  > built!

                  I can't remember now what Pete told me, and I didn't ask Joe exactly
                  what it was. I think Pete said he had found an older but high
                  quality 11" f/15 objective for which he was going to build a tube.
                  I'll have to ask him the next time I talk to him.

                  Weather was cloudy aroung 8 PM, but I just went outside and it's
                  cleared off. I'm unfortunately too exhausted to get it all out now,
                  but it bodes well for tomorrow night. ;)

                  regards,

                  twhite