Brandnew TMB 100/800 LW Modell Datas

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      We took the time and did a final improvement for next time, about which i talked before.

      New run of alu lightweight tubes with follow optimized design :
      The middle main tube is from Vixen and the tuberings and finderbracket is from Vixen , new made retractable dewcap, for quickfocuse we designed now a sliding drawtube moving into the tube with an stopping handscrew and attached 2" Feather Touch focuser . This new combination allow to use any binoviewer with any diagonal mirror without optical path correctors and still get focuse . Also includet the mountrail for Vixen Mounts.

      See the specs,

      1, tubeweight was keeped
      2, transporting lenght is a bit shorter now
      3, maximum reachable backfocuse is now 246 mm, this is really more than enough for any body , for any binoviewer with 22 diagonal and even for most crazy eyepieces to reach focuse without barlowlens.
      4, the shortest backfocuse is now 146 mm, this shall be enough if you use a 2" stardiagonal ( usual 120 mm way) plus focuse was of focuser to reach focuse.

      If you want to use a 1.25" stardiagonal, you need a extension

      I hope this final design find now a satisfaction by any new buyer

      best wishes

      Markus

      Technical Spezifications for TMB Modell 100/800 in Vixen Tube Value
      total weight include tuberings 4,7 kg, = 10.3 lbs
      tubediameter 115 mm
      dew cap diameter 145 mm
      drawtube between tube and focuser, moving way 100 mm
      lenght of tube for with extendet dewcap and focuser with drawtube far out 770 mm
      lenght of tube with extendet dewcap and focuser with drawtube far in 670 mm
      lenght of tube with retracted dewcap and focuser in position :: 590 mm ( 23.2 inch) mm which is transporting lenght. In case you remove also the focuser, the shortest possible lenght will be 555 mm (21.8 inch)
      backfocuse when focuser is racked in and drawtube is in 246 mm
      backfocuse when focuser is racked out and drawtube is racked out 146 mm