Re: Thanks for the 130mm answers! I have a few more.

  • limunary
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
      --- In tmboptical@y..., "mszorik" <mszorik@a...> wrote:
      > I will attempt to contact Marcus and/or Thomas concerning the shorter
      > extension tube (just like Tak, here comes another expense).

      Hopefully I'll run into Thomas here at Black Mountain Star Party
      (Cherry Springs Park Penna) but this party is huge.

      > 1) My tube sounds and feels like it is made out of plastic. I know
      > for certain that the dew shield is. But I thought that the OTA's
      > were CNC'ed aluminum. It just does not have the feel or sound of an
      > metal tube.

      Agreed they sound that way but it is alum.

      > 2) How many tightening knobs come standard, mine only has one?

      one, but I'd splug the US$10 and get two more.

      > 3) What makes and models of ep's do you folks run with and without
      > the supplied extension tube?

      > (I have a 152 so not applicable)

      > It is strange to be a newbee again. Thanks in advance. Mark

      Tim Povlick
      Caudersport, PA
    • limunary
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2002
        --- In tmboptical@y..., "limunary" <potentate@c...> wrote:

        > Hopefully I'll run into Thomas here at Black Mountain Star Party

        make that Black Forest Star Party.

        Tim
      • limunary
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
          --- In tmboptical@y..., "limunary" <potentate@c...> wrote:
          > --- In tmboptical@y..., "mszorik" <mszorik@a...> wrote:
          > > I will attempt to contact Marcus and/or Thomas concerning the shorter
          > > extension tube (just like Tak, here comes another expense).
          >
          > Hopefully I'll run into Thomas here at Black Mountain Star Party
          > (Cherry Springs Park Penna) but this party is huge.
          >

          >> a quick trip report before having to clear the hotel..

          I did run into Thomas as well as fellow TMB user Gary Moors. We had a
          nice chat on Saturday afternoon talking optics etc. There was an AP
          7" set up with a 0.2 angstrom filter displaying a nice solar
          prominence. Very sweet. Saturdays afternoons wx was perfect, clear
          blue sky. Night fall continued clear but a most spectacular aruora
          show came up. Greens and reds rays which reached to the mily way.
          Most commented this was the best display they had seen. (it was for
          me). The north horizon continued to glow into the night, so not sure
          how astrophoto people amde out. Hopefully the aurora was caught on
          film.
          Thomas and I were treated to some nice views thru a 24" obession
          courtesy of Dan from Bethel Park (a real nice guy, sorry I forgot his
          last name). We were looking at galaxies mainly and seeing dust lanes
          no problem.

          Friday was a decent ehere but high level moisture prevented really
          dark skies. MW very visivble however.

          > > 1) My tube sounds and feels like it is made out of plastic. I know
          > > for certain that the dew shield is. But I thought that the OTA's
          > > were CNC'ed aluminum. It just does not have the feel or sound of an
          > > metal tube.
          >
          > Agreed they sound that way but it is alum.

          Disregard my answer.

          > > 2) How many tightening knobs come standard, mine only has one?
          >
          > one, but I'd splug the US$10 and get two more.
          >

          > > 3) What makes and models of ep's do you folks run with and without
          > > the supplied extension tube?
          >
          > > (I have a 152 so not applicable)
          >
          > > It is strange to be a newbee again. Thanks in advance. Mark
          >
          >> sorry about the double post.. :-(

          Tim Povlick
          Caudersport, PA
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2002
            we stocking the 30 mm extensions, you could use 2 of them and would be universal flexicable

            the tubematerial is something special from Germany, but not plastic. It is as strong as alu, but more lightweight, have same expansion as Alu and we can get it in any diameter and thickness, where we are very much limited by alu

            best wishes

            I will attempt to contact Marcus and/or Thomas concerning the shorter
            extension tube (just like Tak, here comes another expense).

            1) My tube sounds and feels like it is made out of plastic. I know
            for certain that the dew shield is. But I thought that the OTA's
            were CNC'ed aluminum. It just does not have the feel or sound of an
            metal tube.

            2) How many tightening knobs come standard, mine only has one?

            3) What makes and models of ep's do you folks run with and without
            the supplied extension tube?

            It is strange to be a newbee again. Thanks in advance. Mark

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor