Markus: Borg tubes for the 152mm TMB FH Achromat?

  • stef6502
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2002
      Hi Marcus,

      Borg makes modular telescopes and they have a 140mm tube
      (which comes in short parts) that they sell with their own
      150mm F6.7 ED lens.
      The system has lots of extension tubes, a draw tube, a helical
      focuser, etc. I would guess that you could adapt it for F8.
      (check www.hutech.com for all the parts of the 140mm system).

      Can you make a front end with the TMB FH 152mm F8 that fits
      in the Borg system ?
      Maybe Borg could provide a nice quality tube for a good price
      for your lenses.

      Thanks,
      Stefanos.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9 2:37 AM
        Be back from Taiwan 1 meter telescope installation now 2 days earlier with good success.

        I know many years the Borg Modular system

        The lens cell flange of the TMB 6"F/8 have an OD diameter of 195 mm , as you see 45 mm larger than the BORG tube and thats way to much . Additional I know the BORG focusers 1.25", 2" and larger version, they are quite good but not completly free of image shift. The BORG Drawtube itself does rotate if moved forward or backward with lots of play, indiscutable large play to be used for our projects.

        In total it would not work well, it would looks bad and it would not real safe any money

        sorry

        best wishes

        Borg makes modular telescopes and they have a 140mm tube
        (which comes in short parts) that they sell with their own
        150mm F6.7 ED lens.
        The system has lots of extension tubes, a draw tube, a helical
        focuser, etc. I would guess that you could adapt it for F8.
        (check www.hutech.com for all the parts of the 140mm system).

        Can you make a front end with the TMB FH 152mm F8 that fits
        in the Borg system ?
        Maybe Borg could provide a nice quality tube for a good price
        for your lenses.

        Thanks,
        Stefanos.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor