Modified TMB 105

  • RIVOIR Robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2002
      Hi Apo lovers,

      Here are two images of my TMB 105 CNC tube:

      opes/ft-tmb105-m1.jpg
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmboptical/files/People%20and%20their%20sc
      opes/ft-tmb105-m5.jpg

      I replaced the heavy 3" focuser by a Feather-Touch (2.5" travel) focuser

      Two adapters were specially realized by Markus, the first among the 4"
      CNC tube and 3" extensions, the second between 3" extensions and Feather
      touch focuser. The factory quality is of course excellent. To reach
      focus I use 3 screwed extension 100mm, 60mm and 30mm.

      I have margin to take up all conceivable accessories...

      Regards
      Robert
    • ruudschmeitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2002
        --- In tmboptical@y..., "RIVOIR Robert" <rri@u...> wrote:
        > (...)
        > To reach focus I use 3 screwed extension 100mm, 60mm and 30mm.
        >
        > I have margin to take up all conceivable accessories...
        >
        > Regards
        > Robert

        Hi Robert,

        Why do you use the 2 extra extension tubes ?
        Do you plan to use the 105/650 without a diagonal ?

        Ruud Schmeitz
        Universiteit Maastricht
      • RIVOIR Robert
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2002
          Hi Ruud,

          No, I use the 105 with a Televue Everbrite 1.25" diagonal.
          Feather touch is much shorter than the genuine 3" CNC focuser. Extra
          extension are needed to compensate length.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2002
            Hi Robert,

            --- In tmboptical@y..., "RIVOIR Robert" <rri@u...> wrote:
            > I replaced the heavy 3" focuser by a Feather-Touch (2.5" travel)
            focuser

            Looks very interesting! How much weight does the new arrangement
            save? What about the finder scope?

            Clear skies,
            Matt

            http://www.utopia-planitia.de/newastrolab/index.html
          • RIVOIR Robert
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
              Hi Matt,

              The new scope weight 5.5 Kg (12.1 pounds) with her extensions, so 3.3
              pounds less than genuine TMB 105.
              There is no provision to attach a finderscope. With 650mm FL and a 56mm
              eyepiece, the finder is not really needed. So required, I can fasten a
              finder above tube ring.

              Regards
              Robert