some good news

  • apmtelescopes
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 11:09 AM
      To quick again with infos ? No.

      Just as an info. Today the shipment for TMB have been packed and
      getting picked up tomorrow with the new real TMB 160F/5.5 MN
      Telescopes

      Today arrived 15 pc TMB Triplet Fluorite Lens in cell D= 80 mm f=600
      mm, but no tube yet ready, if somebody wants to build his own tube,
      he is welcome to order only the lens in cell.

      best wishes

      Markus
    • etaychert
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 2:33 PM
        I made one. It turns out that the lens will mount directly onto the
        mounting flange of an 80mm Meade model 310. The 310 has a push-pull
        cell, holes and thread pitch etc, all compatible with that nice APO
        objective! Here's one on Astromart showing the front end of one:

        http://www.astromart.com/viewad.asp?cid=135840

        It's surely too much of a coincidence that the two are exactly the
        same; maybe they are all patterned off of "vixen" push-pull cells.

        The tube diameter is also compatible with the ST80 and ST90; I mention
        that because Burgess Optical claims to make a 2" focuser for them ...
        as he does for every other scope ever made...

        Anyway, I cut my tube down to size; a machine shop made a adapter for
        an old 2" AP focuser:

        http://www.irony.com/Ed/astro/TMB80inMeadeTube.jpg

        The (serial# 1 !!!) triplet sticks out a bit farther than the old
        Meade achro did, but the dew shield and cap still fit on and work.

        Apologies for the ugly lettering on the side of the tube; I consider
        that my anti-theft device ...

        - Ed.

        --- In tmboptical@y..., "apmtelescopes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:

        > Today arrived 15 pc TMB Triplet Fluorite Lens in cell D= 80 mm
        f=600
        > mm, but no tube yet ready, if somebody wants to build his own tube,
        > he is welcome to order only the lens in cell.

      • moravianus
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5 5:05 PM
          Ed,

          if the same would be true for the 102 achromat I ordered ! Were there
          some 4' refractors on the market (hopefully cheap by now) which had a
          flange with push/pull screws ?

          David