focal reducers for custom TMB scopes

  • Manoj Sood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      To those of you who have custom built TMB scopes using the Astrophysics 2.7
      inch focuser; what have you done or what can be done about the use of a
      focal reducer?

      Thanks

      Manoj Sood
    • Jim Buchanan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
        Manoj,

        I must say, I don't know!

        I have a 130/f6 TMB with a A-P focuser. In all candor, I think I would "try"
        the A-P Photographic-Visual Telecompressor (0.75X) (27TVPH) first. The
        quality can't be disputed. Both A-P and TMB are the triplet APO design, so
        try it out. I'm not sure I need a f/4.5 focal ratio, but that is want I
        would try first.

        Hope this helps,
        Jim Buchanan

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .