TMB Field flattener specs

  • connomj39060
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
      Good Morning All,

      On a couple of the "other" premium refractor groups there is a
      discussion ongoing about scope suitability for CCD imaging. The
      primary issue is field-flattener-to-focal-plane distance. Where
      might I get these numbers in regards to TMB flatteners?

      Thanks,

      Mike Connors
    • limunary
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
        --- In tmboptical@y..., "connomj39060" <connomj39060@y...> wrote:
        > Good Morning All,
        >
        > On a couple of the "other" premium refractor groups there is a
        > discussion ongoing about scope suitability for CCD imaging. The
        > primary issue is field-flattener-to-focal-plane distance. Where
        > might I get these numbers in regards to TMB flatteners?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mike Connors

        I saw some of that on the AP group. The exact numbers, Thomas knows,
        however in talking with Rich (?) at Stellar International, maker of
        the focus aids, I recall he said the distance for a Pentax 67II was
        85mm. Attaching a CCD to a TMB FF should be easy. I had no problem
        doing something wierd, attached a 35mm camera to the FF. I yield
        further discussion to the designer...

        Tim Povlick
        San Juan Capistrano, CA
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
          from last lens to focuse we have 113 mm , from pentax 6 x7 Bajonett adapter we have 88 mm which is required by pentax 6 x7 camera body

          hope this helps

          On a couple of the "other" premium refractor groups there is a
          discussion ongoing about scope suitability for CCD imaging. The
          primary issue is field-flattener-to-focal-plane distance. Where
          might I get these numbers in regards to TMB flatteners?

          Thanks,

          Mike Connors

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • connomj39060
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
            Markus,

            Thank you for your response. It does help.

            Mike Connors

            --- In tmboptical@y..., "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
            > from last lens to focuse we have 113 mm , from pentax 6 x7 Bajonett
            adapter we have 88 mm which is required by pentax 6 x7 camera body

            > hope this helps

            Service.

          • limunary
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
              --- In tmboptical@y..., "connomj39060" <connomj39060@y...> wrote:

              Mike<

              I am don't know what's involved in mounting a CCD with color filter
              wheel; do you think the FF would work for CCD? Note that the TMB-FF
              has a lot of metal and I think it's possible to adapt it to almost any
              situation.

              Tim Povlick
              San Juan Capistrano, CA

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
                the Housing of the TMB FF are custommade and if somebody needs a special adapter we can do it for him , no problem

                regards

                I am don't know what's involved in mounting a CCD with color filter
                wheel; do you think the FF would work for CCD? Note that the TMB-FF
                has a lot of metal and I think it's possible to adapt it to almost any
                situation.

                Tim Povlick
                San Juan Capistrano, CA

                > Markus,
                >
                > Thank you for your response. It does help.
                >
                > Mike Connors
                >

                > --- In tmboptical@y..., "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
                > > from last lens to focuse we have 113 mm , from pentax 6 x7 Bajonett
                > adapter we have 88 mm which is required by pentax 6 x7 camera body
                > >
                > > hope this helps
                > >
                > > Markus

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor