APM products discontinued

  • maknewtnut
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2010
      Effective immediately Teton Telescope will no longer be offering any
      products or providing service for any APM products. Those currently in stock
      will closed out, with any applicable warranty honored in-house by Teton
      Telescope.

      Pre-order deposits for Supermono oculars will no longer be accepted. We will
      be refunding all deposits already placed.

      The number of Supermono pre-orders accepted by Teton Telescope to this point
      represents a substantial percentage of the total number collected thus far
      by dealers who have attempted to participate with APM of Germany, the
      producing company who circulated support for this proposed venture. As has
      been relayed to us, the total volume of pre-orders to this point has still
      not reached the point where it appears the proposed run will be produced.
      This is despite the estimated time to delivery provided by the producer
      having passed without actual production having commenced.

      The decision to discontinue any relationship with APM is not based solely on
      the recently proposed re-release of Supermono eyepieces.

      Thank you,
      Mark Rieck
      Teton Telescope
    • Roy Ramdeen