Re:WANTED-- TMB115 with high strehl

  • Savio Fong
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 10 1:46 AM
      Dear Scott,

      I have these in hand, feel free to write to me if you are interested.

      APM-TMB 105/650 LWII of Strehl 98.1%
      APM-TMB 115/805 LW-Photo of Strehl 97.3%

      My own 105/650 LWII is of Strehl 99.8%, but I will keep that for
      personal use.

      Savio Fong
    • Donnie Garrett
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10 3:56 AM
        Anthony:
        Look at Astromart Classified #685757 Its not specific on the *strehl* number
        but you can inquire further if you so desire.

        Donnie

        On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM, televue102 <televue102@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am looking to buy a TMB115. If you have one for sale with 97 or higher
        > strehl that you wish to sell, please let me know your terms.
        >
        > Thanks for looking!
        >
        > PS: I do not mean to offend anyone by looking for a lens with high strehl
        > values nor do I wish to start a debate over the merits of test reports,
        > strehl, ptv, or rms numbers. I am simply seeking one as it is important to
        > me.
        > Regards,
        > Scott

      • Donnie Garrett
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10 4:03 AM
          Scott:
          Sorry but I got your name wrong and I called you Anthony in my prior e-mail
          that was sent and intended for you.

          Donnie

          On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Terry Tuggle <tlt284@...> wrote:

          > Hi Scott,
          >
          > That may be very hard to find. That scope was not a popular choice for
          > whatever reason; most choose the 105 F6 scopes, or went up to the 130/780
          > or
          > the 152/1200.
          >
          > That being said there were some sold; I would suspect Astromart would be
          > the
          > place to look. There is/was a 130/F9.25 on A-mart a couple of days ago, it
          > may still be there, the asking price was 4k so I would suspect it is
          > already
          > gone.
          >
          > If it must be the 115 with the Strehl that high, I would recommend
          > talking to Markus at APM. He could have one made for you to meet those
          > specifications it would probably be higher than a retail price however. If
          > you are looking for the best planetary scope Tom ever designed, it would be
          > the 130/1200; but I am assuming you need this for Bench testing? Using it
          > look thru the atmosphere; the worst scope he ever made would be better than
          > the seeing limit; which is the limiting factor for observing in the sky.
          >
          > HTH,
          >
          > All the best,
          >
          > Terry
          >
          > _____

        • televue102
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 23 8:09 AM
            Thanks to all that replied. I located one astromart.