Re:WANTED-- TMB115 with high strehl

  • Savio Fong
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
      Dear Scott,

      I have these in hand, feel free to write to me if you are interested.

      APM-TMB 105/650 LWII of Strehl 98.1%
      APM-TMB 115/805 LW-Photo of Strehl 97.3%

      My own 105/650 LWII is of Strehl 99.8%, but I will keep that for
      personal use.

      Savio Fong
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
        Hi Scott,

        That may be very hard to find. That scope was not a popular choice for
        whatever reason; most choose the 105 F6 scopes, or went up to the 130/780 or
        the 152/1200.

        That being said there were some sold; I would suspect Astromart would be the
        place to look. There is/was a 130/F9.25 on A-mart a couple of days ago, it
        may still be there, the asking price was 4k so I would suspect it is already
        gone.

        If it must be the 115 with the Strehl that high, I would recommend
        talking to Markus at APM. He could have one made for you to meet those
        specifications it would probably be higher than a retail price however. If
        you are looking for the best planetary scope Tom ever designed, it would be
        the 130/1200; but I am assuming you need this for Bench testing? Using it to
        look thru the atmosphere; the worst scope he ever made would be better than
        the seeing limit; which is the limiting factor for observing in the sky.

        HTH,

        All the best,

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
          Anthony:
          Look at Astromart Classified #685757 Its not specific on the *strehl* number
          but you can inquire further if you so desire.

          Donnie

          On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM, televue102 <televue102@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am looking to buy a TMB115. If you have one for sale with 97 or higher
          > strehl that you wish to sell, please let me know your terms.
          >
          > Thanks for looking!
          >
          > PS: I do not mean to offend anyone by looking for a lens with high strehl
          > values nor do I wish to start a debate over the merits of test reports,
          > strehl, ptv, or rms numbers. I am simply seeking one as it is important to
          > me.
          > Regards,
          > Scott

        • Donnie Garrett
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
            Scott:
            Sorry but I got your name wrong and I called you Anthony in my prior e-mail
            that was sent and intended for you.

            Donnie

            On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Terry Tuggle <tlt284@...> wrote:

            > Hi Scott,
            >
            > That may be very hard to find. That scope was not a popular choice for
            > whatever reason; most choose the 105 F6 scopes, or went up to the 130/780
            > or
            > the 152/1200.
            >
            > That being said there were some sold; I would suspect Astromart would be
            > the
            > place to look. There is/was a 130/F9.25 on A-mart a couple of days ago, it
            > may still be there, the asking price was 4k so I would suspect it is
            > already
            > gone.
            >
            > If it must be the 115 with the Strehl that high, I would recommend
            > talking to Markus at APM. He could have one made for you to meet those
            > specifications it would probably be higher than a retail price however. If
            > you are looking for the best planetary scope Tom ever designed, it would be
            > the 130/1200; but I am assuming you need this for Bench testing? Using it
            > look thru the atmosphere; the worst scope he ever made would be better than
            > the seeing limit; which is the limiting factor for observing in the sky.
            >
            > HTH,
            >
            > All the best,
            >
            > Terry
            >
            > _____

          • televue102
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
              Thanks to all that replied. I located one astromart.