WANTED-- TMB115 with high strehl

  • televue102
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2010
      Hi,

      I am looking to buy a TMB115. If you have one for sale with 97 or higher strehl that you wish to sell, please let me know your terms.

      Thanks for looking!

      PS: I do not mean to offend anyone by looking for a lens with high strehl values nor do I wish to start a debate over the merits of test reports, strehl, ptv, or rms numbers. I am simply seeking one as it is important to me.
      Regards,
      Scott
    • Savio Fong
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
        Dear Scott,

        I have these in hand, feel free to write to me if you are interested.

        APM-TMB 105/650 LWII of Strehl 98.1%
        APM-TMB 115/805 LW-Photo of Strehl 97.3%

        My own 105/650 LWII is of Strehl 99.8%, but I will keep that for
        personal use.

        Savio Fong
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
          Hi Scott,

          That may be very hard to find. That scope was not a popular choice for
          whatever reason; most choose the 105 F6 scopes, or went up to the 130/780 or
          the 152/1200.

          That being said there were some sold; I would suspect Astromart would be the
          place to look. There is/was a 130/F9.25 on A-mart a couple of days ago, it
          may still be there, the asking price was 4k so I would suspect it is already
          gone.

          If it must be the 115 with the Strehl that high, I would recommend
          talking to Markus at APM. He could have one made for you to meet those
          specifications it would probably be higher than a retail price however. If
          you are looking for the best planetary scope Tom ever designed, it would be
          the 130/1200; but I am assuming you need this for Bench testing? Using it to
          look thru the atmosphere; the worst scope he ever made would be better than
          the seeing limit; which is the limiting factor for observing in the sky.

          HTH,

          All the best,

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
            Anthony:
            Look at Astromart Classified #685757 Its not specific on the *strehl* number
            but you can inquire further if you so desire.

            Donnie

            On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM, televue102 <televue102@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I am looking to buy a TMB115. If you have one for sale with 97 or higher
            > strehl that you wish to sell, please let me know your terms.
            >
            > Thanks for looking!
            >
            > PS: I do not mean to offend anyone by looking for a lens with high strehl
            > values nor do I wish to start a debate over the merits of test reports,
            > strehl, ptv, or rms numbers. I am simply seeking one as it is important to
            > me.
            > Regards,
            > Scott

          • Donnie Garrett
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010
              Scott:
              Sorry but I got your name wrong and I called you Anthony in my prior e-mail
              that was sent and intended for you.

              Donnie

              On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Terry Tuggle <tlt284@...> wrote:

              > Hi Scott,
              >
              > That may be very hard to find. That scope was not a popular choice for
              > whatever reason; most choose the 105 F6 scopes, or went up to the 130/780
              > or
              > the 152/1200.
              >
              > That being said there were some sold; I would suspect Astromart would be
              > the
              > place to look. There is/was a 130/F9.25 on A-mart a couple of days ago, it
              > may still be there, the asking price was 4k so I would suspect it is
              > already
              > gone.
              >
              > If it must be the 115 with the Strehl that high, I would recommend
              > talking to Markus at APM. He could have one made for you to meet those
              > specifications it would probably be higher than a retail price however. If
              > you are looking for the best planetary scope Tom ever designed, it would be
              > the 130/1200; but I am assuming you need this for Bench testing? Using it
              > look thru the atmosphere; the worst scope he ever made would be better than
              > the seeing limit; which is the limiting factor for observing in the sky.
              >
              > HTH,
              >
              > All the best,
              >
              > Terry
              >
              > _____

            • televue102
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
                Thanks to all that replied. I located one astromart.