APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale

  • gumbydad2002
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
      FYI, I have a one year old APM 130/1200 for sale on Astromart at a great price. It is the LW model with the 2.5" fully rotating Feathertouch focuser. Comes with a Scopeguard case, rings and finder. The telescope is in 9.8/10 condition. Will likely sell pretty quickly.
    • John Katrenick
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 6, 2010
        How much and where is it??

        FYI, I have a one year old APM 130/1200 for sale on Astromart at a great price. It is the LW model with the 2.5" fully rotating Feathertouch focuser. Comes with a Scopeguard case, rings and finder. The telescope is in 9.8/10 condition. Will likely sell pretty quickly.

      • Eric Jamison
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 2010
          Here is the link to it on Astromart:

          http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=686072

          I have one and love it.

          Best,

          Eric

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 2010
            There is no price listed that I can see.  I once sold a scope on Astromart and bought a number of items as well and never had to pay 12.00 but this time they want 12.00 for me to be able to see the price.

            From: gumbydad2002 <wsrs@...>

            To: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 8, 2010
              John,

              I guess the free ride is over! Reluctantly I paid the 12.00 bucks, but
              it is the place to buy and sell Astro stuff. The price is 4k btw.

              All the best,

              From: Eric Jamison <ericjam@... <mailto:ericjam%40verizon.net> >
              To: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tmboptical%40yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Monday, June 7, 2010, 10:35 AM

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 8, 2010

                > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale
                > Posted by: "John Katrenick" tracy_tracy@... temper9992222
                > Date: Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:29 pm ((PDT))
                >
                > There is no price listed that I can see. I once sold a scope on Astromart and bought a number of items as well and never had to pay 12.00 but this time they want 12.00 for me to be able to see the price.
                >

                > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale
                > Posted by: "Terry Tuggle" tlt284@... tlt284
                > Date: Tue Jun 8, 2010 1:22 am ((PDT))
                >
                > John,
                >
                > I guess the free ride is over! Reluctantly I paid the 12.00 bucks, but
                > it is the place to buy and sell Astro stuff.

                Hello John, unfortunately if I was really in the market for the scope,
                the price is the one thing I would want to see to let me know if I
                wanted to pay the $12.00 or not. I hate being strung along like a fish.

                What free ride, Terry? Sponsors already pay to advertise there, etc.,
                if people do not come to view, no point in sponsors paying to
                advertise. If AM needed more funds, all they had to do is attach a very
                small fee to each sold item. That way, the more productivity (sales),
                the more revenue.

                I can buy many nice things for $12 and am not about to legitimize the
                fee on every person who simply wants to visit to browse the ads by
                paying it. There are always other good places to shop, such as CN,
                eBay and elsewhere, sorry.

                Like anything else, you are justifying the fee by the very act of giving
                in and paying it.

                Next year it will be $15.00 just to view ads.

                Joe
              • Roy Ramdeen
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 11, 2010
                  Astromart (Herb York) wants you to support Astromart. I had to pay
                  12.00 to say a member.

                  Roy
                  E = mc(2)

                  On Jun 8, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Joe Tuttle <starwatcher9@...> wrote:

                  > > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale
                  > > Posted by: "John Katrenick" tracy_tracy@... temper9992222
                  > > Date: Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:29 pm ((PDT))
                  > >
                  > > There is no price listed that I can see. I once sold a scope on
                  > Astromart and bought a number of items as well and never had to pay
                  > 12.00 but this time they want 12.00 for me to be able to see the
                  > price.
                  > >

                  > > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale
                  > > Posted by: "Terry Tuggle" tlt284@... tlt284
                  > > Date: Tue Jun 8, 2010 1:22 am ((PDT))
                  > >
                  > > John,
                  > >
                  > > I guess the free ride is over! Reluctantly I paid the 12.00 bucks,
                  > but
                  > > it is the place to buy and sell Astro stuff.
                  >
                  > Hello John, unfortunately if I was really in the market for the scope,
                  > the price is the one thing I would want to see to let me know if I
                  > wanted to pay the $12.00 or not. I hate being strung along like a
                  > fish.
                  >
                  > What free ride, Terry? Sponsors already pay to advertise there, etc.,
                  > if people do not come to view, no point in sponsors paying to
                  > advertise. If AM needed more funds, all they had to do is attach a
                  > very
                  > small fee to each sold item. That way, the more productivity (sales),
                  > the more revenue.
                  >
                  > I can buy many nice things for $12 and am not about to legitimize the
                  > fee on every person who simply wants to visit to browse the ads by
                  > paying it. There are always other good places to shop, such as CN,
                  > eBay and elsewhere, sorry.
                  >
                  > Like anything else, you are justifying the fee by the very act of
                  > giving
                  > in and paying it.
                  >
                  > Next year it will be $15.00 just to view ads.
                  >
                  > Joe

                • John Katrenick
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 11, 2010
                    I sorta figured that one out.  I'm not interested in paying money to be able to buy something from someone like a few retailers ask for such as sam's club etc...  It's different if you want to sell something.  That, I can understand.  Imagine how much Ebay's sales would drop if they insisted you be a member for 12.00 to buy something...

                    Astromart (Herb York) wants you to support Astromart. I had to pay

                    12.00 to say a member.

                    Roy

                    E = mc(2)

                    On Jun 8, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Joe Tuttle <starwatcher9@...> wrote:

                    > > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale

                    > > Posted by: "John Katrenick" tracy_tracy@... temper9992222

                    > > Date: Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:29 pm ((PDT))

                    > > There is no price listed that I can see. I once sold a scope on

                    > Astromart and bought a number of items as well and never had to pay

                    > 12.00 but this time they want 12.00 for me to be able to see the

                    > price.

                    > > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale

                    > > Posted by: "Terry Tuggle" tlt284@... tlt284

                    > > Date: Tue Jun 8, 2010 1:22 am ((PDT))

                    > > John,

                    > > I guess the free ride is over! Reluctantly I paid the 12.00 bucks,

                    > but

                    > > it is the place to buy and sell Astro stuff.

                    > Hello John, unfortunately if I was really in the market for the scope,

                    > the price is the one thing I would want to see to let me know if I

                    > wanted to pay the $12.00 or not. I hate being strung along like a

                    > fish.

                    > What free ride, Terry? Sponsors already pay to advertise there, etc.,

                    > if people do not come to view, no point in sponsors paying to

                    > advertise. If AM needed more funds, all they had to do is attach a

                    > very

                    > small fee to each sold item. That way, the more productivity (sales),

                    > the more revenue.

                    > I can buy many nice things for $12 and am not about to legitimize the

                    > fee on every person who simply wants to visit to browse the ads by

                    > paying it. There are always other good places to shop, such as CN,

                    > eBay and elsewhere, sorry.

                    > Like anything else, you are justifying the fee by the very act of

                    > giving

                    > in and paying it.

                    > Next year it will be $15.00 just to view ads.

                    > Joe

                  • Roy Ramdeen
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 12, 2010
                      Agreed 100% John, just another ripoff. I am also a member of Cloudy
                      Nights that's owned by Astronomics that's free, It's a great community
                      of astronomers.

                      Roy
                      E = mc(2)

                    • John Katrenick
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 12, 2010
                        Hi Roy:  Does Cloudy Nights also have a buy/sell classifieds???

                        <tracy_tracy@...> wrote:

                        > I sorta figured that one out. I'm not interested in paying money to

                        > be able to buy something from someone like a few retailers ask for

                        > such as sam's club etc... It's different if you want to sell

                        > something. That, I can understand. Imagine how much Ebay's sales

                        > would drop if they insisted you be a member for 12.00 to buy

                        > something...

                        > --- On Sat, 6/12/10, Roy Ramdeen <deepsky01@...> wrote:

                        > From: Roy Ramdeen <deepsky01@...>

                        > Subject: Re: [tmboptical] Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale

                        > To: "tmboptical@yahoogroups.com" <tmboptical@yahoogroups.com>

                        > Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 1:12 AM

                        > Astromart (Herb York) wants you to support Astromart. I had to pay

                        > 12.00 to say a member.

                        > Roy

                        > E = mc(2)

                        > On Jun 8, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Joe Tuttle <starwatcher9@...>

                        > wrote:

                        > > > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale

                        > > > Posted by: "John Katrenick" tracy_tracy@...

                        > temper9992222

                        > > > Date: Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:29 pm ((PDT))

                        > > > There is no price listed that I can see. I once sold a scope on

                        > > Astromart and bought a number of items as well and never had to pay

                        > > 12.00 but this time they want 12.00 for me to be able to see the

                        > > price.

                        > > > Re: APM/TMB 130 f/9.25 For Sale

                        > > > Posted by: "Terry Tuggle" tlt284@... tlt284

                        > > > Date: Tue Jun 8, 2010 1:22 am ((PDT))

                        > > > John,

                        > > > I guess the free ride is over! Reluctantly I paid the 12.00 bucks,

                        > > but

                        > > > it is the place to buy and sell Astro stuff.

                        > > Hello John, unfortunately if I was really in the market for the

                        > scope,

                        > > the price is the one thing I would want to see to let me know if I

                        > > wanted to pay the $12.00 or not. I hate being strung along like a

                        > > fish.

                        > > What free ride, Terry? Sponsors already pay to advertise there,

                        > etc.,

                        > > if people do not come to view, no point in sponsors paying to

                        > > advertise. If AM needed more funds, all they had to do is attach a

                        > > very

                        > > small fee to each sold item. That way, the more productivity

                        > (sales),

                        > > the more revenue.

                        > > I can buy many nice things for $12 and am not about to legitimize

                        > the

                        > > fee on every person who simply wants to visit to browse the ads by

                        > > paying it. There are always other good places to shop, such as CN,

                        > > eBay and elsewhere, sorry.

                        > > Like anything else, you are justifying the fee by the very act of

                        > > giving

                        > > in and paying it.

                        > > Next year it will be $15.00 just to view ads.

                        > > Joe

                      • Roy Ramdeen
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 12, 2010
                          Yes!

                          E = mc(2)

                        • yenzowdrawde
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 13, 2010
                            Roy/John,
                            Sometimes I can't believe how misinformed people are. eBay does charge a fee on every sale made. They make absolutely no effort to validate the identity of the user or their Ads. Can anyone spell SCAM. The unGodly sum of $12 is not "just so you can see the price". Yes it is part of their mechanism to verify user identity. As well as cover the cost of that additional work. You only pay it once. As opposed to your suggestion of charging something for each sale.

                            AM is "the" place to buy and sell astro goods primariry due to the extremely secure enviroment it provides.

                            And lastly; that's an awful lot of whining over $12........don't you think. Honestly now?

                            Cheers, Ed

                            PS: I think for some, they believe they aren't using the service unless the buy something. WRONG. If you access their website, you cause them to incurred additional costs for bandwidth = internet usage. So I fail to see how it is fair for you to rack up costs on someone else's account and balk at a paltry $12 to gain access to do so.

                            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, Roy Ramdeen <deepsky01@...> wrote:

                            > Yes!
                            >
                            > E = mc(2)
                            >
                            > On Jun 12, 2010, at 7:20 PM, John Katrenick
                            > <tracy_tracy@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Hi Roy: Does Cloudy Nights also have a buy/sell classifieds???

                          • Roy Ramdeen
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 15, 2010
                              Agreed with some of you points Ed, but I have gotten great deals on
                              other Astro classified sites. I wouldn't quite say that "Astro" is the
                              place. This $12 charge isn't rally about the money. It was the way
                              Anacortes went about the collection. They did't send out a note saying
                              that they would be locking out members who didn't pay for a
                              membership, or at least I didn't get one. I would gladly given a
                              handsome donation for the operation of the website. Too late now.

                              Roy....
                              E = mc(2)