Observing Theory

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      The past few days there has been a lively debate going on from the SBIG
      group discussing object S/N of faint DSO's versus aperture and F-ratio. The
      sub discussion broke into two parts: visual observing and CCD image
      detection and how they differ. A link was posted today by a member from
      Starazona about visual observing; I found it so complete and informative, I
      thought it was worth passing on to all of you!

      http://starizona.com/acb/basics/observing_theory.aspx

      All the best,